By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2021: Los Angeles Rams Win Super Bowl LVI

Who will win Super Bowl LVI?

Kansas City Chiefs 2 9.09%

Buffalo Bills 2 9.09%

Baltimore Ravens 0 0%

Cleveland Browns 1 4.55%

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7 31.82%

Green Bay Packers 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 3 13.64%

New Orleans Saints 0 0%

Other (AFC) 3 13.64%

Other (NFC) 1 4.55%

Total:22
Chris Hu said:
sethnintendo said:

Last time there was a good black qb was Warren Moon. Lamar Jackson just plains sucks.

Yeah, nope even with fewer career passing yards Russell Wilson is already way better then Warren Moon ever was.   Wilson has a way higher completion percentage a way better touchdown to interception ratio won a Super Bowl and got to another one.  Unless he suffers a career ending injury pretty soon Patrick Mahomes will be way better then Moon also.  Mahomes already had a better career then Moon anyway since he won a Super Bowl got to another one and won regular season MVP.  To be fair though Warren Moon is probably still the last good black QB in the CFL I guess that is something.

Wow... this is the most sensible post about sports I have ever seen you make. It's not a lazy hot take and it's actually supported by facts and statistics. Bring this same approach to the NBA thread and we might be onto something!

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
burninmylight said:

OK, then who was Tom Brady throwing to in his first couple of years in New England?

The best receiver he had in his early years in New England was Troy Brown.  The funny thing about Brady he didn't win any titles with the best two receivers he had in New England Rand Moss and Wes Welker.  That 16-0 Moss team should have won a title and Welker dropped a ball in the Super Bowl that would have probably won them a title.  But Brady made up for that by winning four titles with the best tight end he ever had Rob Gronkowski three in New England and one in Tampa Bay.

But yet Brady was winning SBs with Troy Brown and Dion Branch. You said a QB is only as good as his receivers.

burninmylight said:
Chris Hu said:

The best receiver he had in his early years in New England was Troy Brown.  The funny thing about Brady he didn't win any titles with the best two receivers he had in New England Rand Moss and Wes Welker.  That 16-0 Moss team should have won a title and Welker dropped a ball in the Super Bowl that would have probably won them a title.  But Brady made up for that by winning four titles with the best tight end he ever had Rob Gronkowski three in New England and one in Tampa Bay.

But yet Brady was winning SBs with Troy Brown and Dion Branch. You said a QB is only as good as his receivers.

Troy Brown was actually pretty good people are forgetting that he caught 101 and 97 passes the first two years he had Brady as his QB.  Plus both Brown and Branch ended up with over 500 career receptions which is pretty good.

Chris Hu said:
burninmylight said:

Troy Brown was actually pretty good people are forgetting that he caught 101 and 97 passes the first two years he had Brady as his QB.  Plus both Brown and Branch ended up with over 500 career receptions which is pretty good.

It's as if receivers are highly dependent on their QBs, and great QBs make average receivers look good and good receivers look great.

WTF is going on with football! The inconsistencies are so consistent

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

I see now the key to success for the Chiefs. Just have to not pick them!

Red colored teams like the Falcons, Cardinals and the Chiefs are the bane of my predictions year by year.

Chris Hu said:

Since the Steelers could not win the easiest team remaining on rest of their schedule I highly doubt they will win the AFC North. The Bengals where the best team in the North this week just by having a bye and I wouldn't mind if they would end up winning the division. Also it sucks that the Lions couldn't win that game they still haven't won a game in Pittsburgh since 1955 well at least they will not be the first team to go 0-17.

Yeah, I didn't foresee Ben Roethlisberger missing the game on the Covid list.  Sucks not to capitalize against a team that's been getting dunked on for weeks. 

Bill B did it again. Took one year to rebuild back into a super bowl caliber team.

And in a surprising turn on MNF, my 49ers look like the 2019 team that went to the Super Bowl!

burninmylight said:
Chris Hu said:

It's as if receivers are highly dependent on their QBs, and great QBs make average receivers look good and good receivers look great.

Even before Brady became a starter Troy Brown's numbers where trending up he caught 83 passes for 944 yard in the 2000 season when Brady only attempted three passes and was one of three for six yards.  The Ravens receiving core is below average to bad even Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Montana or Dan Marino at their prime could not elevate that group of receivers much more then Lamar Jackson.  That being said Lamar Jackson is actually having his best season when it comes to passing the ball his touchdown to interception ratio could be a bit better and his completion percentage could be slightly better also.