By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2021: Los Angeles Rams Win Super Bowl LVI

Who will win Super Bowl LVI?

Kansas City Chiefs 2 9.09%

Buffalo Bills 2 9.09%

Baltimore Ravens 0 0%

Cleveland Browns 1 4.55%

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7 31.82%

Green Bay Packers 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 3 13.64%

New Orleans Saints 0 0%

Other (AFC) 3 13.64%

Other (NFC) 1 4.55%

Total:22

BYEBYEBAL-MIA1BUF-NYJ1
TB-WAS1ATL-DAL2NO-TEN2JAX-IND2
DET-PIT2CLE-NE1MIN-LAC1CAR-ARI2
PHI-DEN2SEA-GB2KC-LV1LAR-SF1

Around the Network

Well that was a terrible performance by the Ravens. The Titans pretty much have home field in the playoffs in the AFC wrapped up now. Also before I forget it here are my best performances of week 9 is Justin Herbert from the Chargers for passing for 356 yards and two TD's. The Broncos for beating the Cowboys 30 to 16 and holding them scoreless for the first three quarters and the Titans for beating the Rams 28 to 16.

I would be very surprised if the Steelers win the AFC North, but all the other teams have looked like trash lately and despite having the toughest schedule in the NFL, the Steelers get by.

RolStoppable said:
Angelus said:

I'll take the Ravens to win tonight, and as such, look forward to the assured Miami upset that will undoubtedly follow

I don't think so. The Dolphins have a history of getting clobbered by the Ravens. There are certain teams that just don't match in the NFL and this Thursday game is one of those cases.

The recent crazyness of the NFL might result in this game ending with a Ravens win by less than three scores though.

You were saying?

'Lamar doesn't need to be a good passer if he can carry the team in rushing', looking a lot like 'Ben Simmons doesn't need to shoot when he can get to the rim at will.'

Around the Network

welcome to the new week, same as the old week

I remember before the season started, the experts said the Pittsburgh Steelers would have no chance to repeat as AFC North Champions.  Yet, if Pittsburgh beats the Lions on Sunday, they will be tied with the Baltimore Ravens for first place at the midway point in the season.

AFC NORTH

W-L-TPCTPFPAHOMEAWAYCONFDIVSTRK
6-3.6672312174-12-24-30-1L1
5-3.6251611693-22-13-21-1W4
5-4.5562241963-22-23-31-1W1
5-4.5562362032-23-23-22-1L2

Not that Pittsburgh has looked remarkably good, mind you.  But, I'm not too impressed with the Ravens either, having seen them barely beat the Lions (the game winning field goal was snapped well after the play clock hit zero) earlier this year and then got convincingly shut down by the Miami Dolphins last night.

Last time there was a good black qb was Warren Moon. Lamar Jackson just plains sucks.

The Ravens don't have good wide receivers and a quarterback is only as good as his receiving group, a prime example of that would be Tom Brady in his final year with New England he put up terrible number because his receivers where not that good. Plus lets not forget that last season the Ravens receiving core was so bad that they picked up Dez Bryant to give them a boost.

Also on the flip side a not so good or even terrible quarterback can put up great number when he has a great receiving core. A recent example of that would be Jameis Winston's final season at Tampa Bay he still threw way to many interception but he easily passed for over 5000 yards.