By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which difficulty level do you select for new games?

It is very rare that I play a game that has me choose difficulty. However, when I do I just choose normal.

Around the Network

Depends on the genre.

If it's a normal video game: Default
If it's a hentai game: Easy but there are some exceptions

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Ka-pi96 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

If it's a hentai game: Easy but there are some exceptions

Don't want to work for it, huh?

It really depends on the game but some of these hentai games are just terrible.

You have your typical sims which don't really have a difficulty setting and then you have your typical "rpg" sort of a hentai game made from rpg maker. More often than not, most of these have dungeons like a typical rpg game with random encounters and boss fights. With most of these games, you kinda want to just get to the next h-scene and whatnot so I mostly want to get through the filler as fast as possible since battling slims and wasps aren't exactly fap material. And some of these bosses are very urgh worthy with a fuck ton of hp and endless heals and re-enforcements spawning.

There are some that are very well balanced though and the rpg elements can be very fun but most are like, let me roll through these hoes.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Usually normal and from there I go to higher difficulties if I like the game enough.

Generally normal, but may change based on my experience with the franchise. For example, if and when I get Miles Morales, I will likely play on hard to start with since the normal mode of the first game was a bit easy for me.

Around the Network

Normal.

But if it's a kind of game that I'm not familiar with, I may choose easy during the first walkthrough.

Normal for all games I’m experiencing for the first time since it’s usually the balanced and default setting.

Normal/standard/default, because I figure that's what a game's difficulty is meant to be from the designers perspective.

The big exception though is city builders/construction management games like SimCity, Anno and Rollercoaster Tycoon. I always set all the different settings in those to as easy as possible because I want them to be as sandbox-y as possible. In those games, I don't care about the scenarios, managing scripted disasters or even money or whatever; I just want to make pretty things.

Normal. I don't suck and I'm not that great either, so normal's usually the right balance for me.

Normal most of the time.

I don't have the time to waste grinding and repeating difficult sections. I like some challenge but I get frustrated if I don't make steady progress in a game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.