By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Sales Comparison Charts July 2021 Discussion Thread

trunkswd said:

[...]

The 3DS and Wii U sold 89.50 million units lifetime. The Switch is just 0.48 million units behind the 3DS and Wii U and will surpass them in the August update.

So that's over. What will we get next? It may be an interesting comparison, if Switch can beat PS4+Vita. That should be achievable, but also pretty close, so it might be an interesting comparison.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

3.90 Million Units left - so Switch likely should overtake 3DS Lifetime Numbers in Japan March 2022 latest.

trunkswd said:
Mnementh said:

So that's over. What will we get next? It may be an interesting comparison, if Switch can beat PS4+Vita. That should be achievable, but also pretty close, so it might be an interesting comparison.

Technically the August update would be the last one for this matchup. 

Yeah, but there will ne no surprises, so we know this comparison will end soon.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

3DS's best sales are well behind it in the Japan aligned charts, from here on out the Switch should close the gap at a good clip.

Wii is the #4 top selling system of all time in the US, so beating it is no small feat. The Switch should get there, given a strong middle to later life.

Around the Network

Ouch, didn't know that much of the Switch's lead was due to Japan, where as we know third-party sales are even worse. So if anything, the Switch won't hit the cliff, it'll hit it earlier.

User was Banned for this post - cycycychris 

Last edited by cycycychris - on 02 September 2021

DitchPlaya said:

Ouch, didn't know that much of the Switch's lead was due to Japan, where as we know third-party sales are even worse. So if anything, the Switch won't hit the cliff, it'll hit it earlier.

3rd party sales in Japan are very very healthy, you'd know that if you'd bother to take a look at the famitsu charts.

What do you gain from your trolling? Does it give you satisfaction? Do you think you're funny? Or are you just trying to twist reality to feel better because Nintendo is doing well and you have some unreasonable hatred towards them?

DitchPlaya said:

Have you actually seen the two weeks in a row NSW dominated top 30? Have you counted how many third party games were on that list? 

I don't think you have. I mean, if you're going to troll at least try to be more subtle.

DitchPlaya said:

???????????? What? The switch won't hit the cliff, it'll hit it earlier? What does that mean? Is this time travel or something? 

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

It's always been remarkable to me, the hate and denial that Nintendo's success inevitably generates. I mean, I don't much care for most Playstation systems but I can't say I've ever felt the need to go out of my way to bash it, hate on its fans, or constantly forecast wishful prophecies of doom. It must be an unpleasant feeling to feel threatened by a product you don't use and which doesn't materially affect your life in any way.