By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the single most expensive gaming item you own?

Agente42 said:
Mandalore76 said:

I have "Magic Knight Rayearth" for Sega Saturn.  It's listed on Pricecharting as $360.42 loose, and $799.96 CIB.  I have the case, disk, and manual, only missing 2 stickers.  There are sellers on ebay listing copies around $1,000 with the complete stickers set.

My other Sega Saturn gems include Dragon Force ($359.98 CIB), Shining Force III ($344.45 CIB) Albert Odyssey ($325 CIB), and Shining Wisdom ($304.26 CIB).

My highest value Sega CD game is "Popful Mail", listed as $536.49 on pricecharting.

And my other Sega CD treasures are Shining Force CD ($377.78 CIB), Lunar Eternal Blue ($308.75 CIB), Vay ($200.20 CIB), and Lunar:  The Silver Star ($190.75).

Saturn game are very salty. Do you have Japanese games?

Of the ones I mentioned, I have the NA releases.  I do have a wide variety of Japan imports for Saturn as well though including Policenauts, Capcom Generation 1, Baroque, Godzilla Rettoushinkan,  etc.  Nothing remarkably valuable in that part of my collection though.

Around the Network

Old PC games like:

The Tracer Sanction

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223971846171?hash=item3425c3281b:g:5o8AAOSwtxdejmtZ

Night Shift
(I think this one was for the C64)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144079173824?hash=item218bc9b8c0:g:MrsAAOSwCbtgyUAP

Console wise, I guess it is Sonic CD

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/pal-sega-mega-cd/sonic-cd

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Mandalore76 said:

I have "Magic Knight Rayearth" for Sega Saturn.  It's listed on Pricecharting as $360.42 loose, and $799.96 CIB.  I have the case, disk, and manual, only missing 2 stickers.  There are sellers on ebay listing copies around $1,000 with the complete stickers set.

My other Sega Saturn gems include Dragon Force ($359.98 CIB), Shining Force III ($344.45 CIB) Albert Odyssey ($325 CIB), and Shining Wisdom ($304.26 CIB).

My highest value Sega CD game is "Popful Mail", listed as $536.49 on pricecharting.

And my other Sega CD treasures are Shining Force CD ($377.78 CIB), Lunar Eternal Blue ($308.75 CIB), Vay ($200.20 CIB), and Lunar:  The Silver Star ($190.75).

Really nice, these JRPG games we owned are getting higher and higher prices overtime, especially the obscured Saturn/CD games like out of nowhere for no reason(YouTube retro reviews?). I owned this Sega CD game for example, it was supposedly $100 four years ago, now it's more than $270.

Was going to say my Switch, but then I saw a new New 2DS XL in turquoise on Amazon going for 409€, the green MK7 limited edition (which I have) for 443€ and the orange one (which I also have) being sold for up to 477€, 357€ for a new one being the lowest. Got that one for 99€ just over one year ago.
But I wouldn't get close to 300€ for either of them used as they are. Could still make profit though.

QUAKECore89 said:
Mandalore76 said:

Really nice, these JRPG games we owned are getting higher and higher prices overtime, especially the obscured Saturn/CD games like out of nowhere for no reason(YouTube retro reviews?). I owned this Sega CD game for example, it was supposedly $100 four years ago, now it's more than $270.

Yeah, it's crazy.  I was really shocked to see that Dragon Force had shot up over $350 in value.  I always thought of it as a common game, since my friend had it on his Saturn back in the day.  And, then when I got my own Saturn from eBay years later, it was easy to find it CIB for my collection at a decent price.  That was late 90's, and I wish I had done more collecting for it at that time rather just rebuy the games I had a played at his house and a few others.  When I started looking for the rarer stuff in 2016, they were already getting expensive.  And now, I really wish I had tried harder to get a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga for Saturn or Snatcher for Sega CD.

Around the Network

Imma big kid, so I've basically built my own home arcade..

My fanatec racing simulator.. csl elite PS4 base ($400), 911rsr wheel ($400), v3 inverted pedals ($600), art rig ($250), shifter ($250), and handbrake ($150), civic seat (free). Playable through both ps5 and PC.

Priceless to me? My diy standup fighter/shmup arcade cabinet. Running groovymame to a 27" JVC d series crt. This things been great for the tournaments that I host.. SF2, SF3, SFV, Tekken Tag, Tekken7 and Tetris.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Probably a sealed copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day. I had a sealed copy of the NES Final Fantasy and am now kicking myself because after having it a while I opened it because I wanted to look at the map again ... graded @ $30k, new $700, because I wanted to look at the map again ... CIB $125 (granted I got it on clearance from Wal-Mart for $10).

dx11332sega said:

I spent 800 dollars this month on woman  no contest , I had sex while wearing pigtails and my maid outfit, I get compliments like my hands are very pretty for a man and my face looks cute especially wearing my twin tails , I am a kinda a loser for paying that much but they really love me I think? Time to go to Las vegas again and get few nice ones. few here in california too.

Dude, what does it have to do with this thread? 

Mandalore76 said:
QUAKECore89 said:

Yeah, it's crazy.  I was really shocked to see that Dragon Force had shot up over $350 in value.  I always thought of it as a common game, since my friend had it on his Saturn back in the day.  And, then when I got my own Saturn from eBay years later, it was easy to find it CIB for my collection at a decent price.  That was late 90's, and I wish I had done more collecting for it at that time rather just rebuy the games I had a played at his house and a few others.  When I started looking for the rarer stuff in 2016, they were already getting expensive.  And now, I really wish I had tried harder to get a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga for Saturn or Snatcher for Sega CD.

I regret for ignoring Snatcher (SEGA CD), it was CiB and $210. Now it's over thousands dollar lmao.

My copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga, which now goes for at least a thousand dollars. I didn’t pay that much for it, however. I’ve bought more Switch games than for any other single platform. 42 cartridges and counting.