By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the single most expensive gaming item you own?

What's the most expensive item in your gaming collection? Could be a console, a game, a controller.

Mine is the New 3DS XL SNES edition, which according to price charts has risen up to $440 recently. 

Genuinely curious to see what valuable treasures you guys may have in your collections.

Around the Network

Excluding my PC, it's probably my PS4 slim, if we're judging by the cost at the time of purchase. If we're judging by current worth, it's... uh, hmm. Probably still my PS4, or perhaps my PC monitor (144 Hz, about 24").

I'd say my StaTrak Karambit Lore (digital item) from CounterStrike Go. One of the rarest knife/s and item in the game, worth several hundreds last time I checked. Got super lucky with my drop, first chest opened lol.

Hardware wise its the PS5 or my monitor which funnily enough, cost the same.

Last edited by hinch - on 01 August 2021

60GB Original PS3 fat was the most expensive gaming purchase for me. I'm not sure how much it is worth now, but it still works and has PS1 and PS2 backwards compatibility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

My Switch itself, lol.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Excluding the PC... The Series X or Playstation 5. $750 AUD each.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Still have my Steel Battalion game and controller (w/ instructions manual). I no longer have the original box. It’s worth over $400. Such a great piece of history. 

I bet for most of us it is our gaming account. If you would sell it you would probably get a nice amount for it.

My home theater, which I mainly build to play PS3 and 360 games, next to watching blu-ray. It cost over $12K to put together, 1080p projector, 5.1 audio, reclining couches, and the room itself. It served me well until 4K became a thing. The most expensive thing was the projector at CAD 4,500. I got over 10,000 hours out of it though.

Does the TV count if it is mainly used for gaming?