By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the single most expensive gaming item you own?

Not counting the PC, it would be the beast, the Series X.

Around the Network

During pandemic event, i'm pretty my friends over would get shocked how much i paid for, so consider this is a new currency in limited time. It's not my fault, it's hard to blame the authorized retailers or local game stores. Not counting Series X and Series S, i managed those two consoles at original prices

Palit RTX 3060 12GB 850 USD
PS5 Digital Edition 930 USD

Cyran said:

VR 99% of time I spend in it is either exercise or gaming and even exercise is playing games.

"Exercise" = VR pr0n?

Well, apparently since we're excluding our PC's then I guess my PS5 and Series X are both tied at 500 for the single most expensive items I've bought.

My PS4 Pro KH3 Limited Edition. I also deeply regret that purchase. What a disappointment of a game...

Around the Network

My GPU. Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC. MSRP is 679 €. I paid 799 € in April and was damn lucky to get it at that price, lol. Crazy times.

I also have a gaming laptop that I paid 1.175 € for back in 2018. But that thing isn't worth that much anymore with its pathetic GTX 1070.

I don't see the point in excluding PC, but if I were to do that, the most expensive thing would be the Switch. I don't game too much on consoles anymore.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Conina said:
Cyran said:

VR 99% of time I spend in it is either exercise or gaming and even exercise is playing games.

"Exercise" = VR pr0n?

lol but I would recommend a stand alone VR headset for that purpose.  In this case I meant it literally.  Beat Saber, BoxVR, Thrill of the Fight and a number of other actually make for a great work out.  At least from a cardio stand point.  It not going to replace weight lifting but great for burning some calories and keeping active.

Truthfully I would like a second stand along VR headset for exercise so I did not have to do it in my Computer Room since when I covered in sweat am not really noticing the pretty graphics from it being powered by a high end PC.  The problem is the only VR headset out there that really qualify to be good enough to handle games I use for exercise and got decent hand tracking that stand alone is Quest 2 and I refuse to give facebook money so that a no go. 

I have "Magic Knight Rayearth" for Sega Saturn.  It's listed on Pricecharting as $360.42 loose, and $799.96 CIB.  I have the case, disk, and manual, only missing 2 stickers.  There are sellers on ebay listing copies around $1,000 with the complete stickers set.

My other Sega Saturn gems include Dragon Force ($359.98 CIB), Shining Force III ($344.45 CIB) Albert Odyssey ($325 CIB), and Shining Wisdom ($304.26 CIB).

My highest value Sega CD game is "Popful Mail", listed as $536.49 on pricecharting.

And my other Sega CD treasures are Shining Force CD ($377.78 CIB), Lunar Eternal Blue ($308.75 CIB), Vay ($200.20 CIB), and Lunar:  The Silver Star ($190.75).

Mandalore76 said:

I have "Magic Knight Rayearth" for Sega Saturn.  It's listed on Pricecharting as $360.42 loose, and $799.96 CIB.  I have the case, disk, and manual, only missing 2 stickers.  There are sellers on ebay listing copies around $1,000 with the complete stickers set.

My other Sega Saturn gems include Dragon Force ($359.98 CIB), Shining Force III ($344.45 CIB) Albert Odyssey ($325 CIB), and Shining Wisdom ($304.26 CIB).

My highest value Sega CD game is "Popful Mail", listed as $536.49 on pricecharting.

And my other Sega CD treasures are Shining Force CD ($377.78 CIB), Lunar Eternal Blue ($308.75 CIB), Vay ($200.20 CIB), and Lunar:  The Silver Star ($190.75).

Saturn game are very salty. Do you have Japanese games?

My wife.