By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Exclusive must haves

Slownenberg said:

This argument has made this thread dumb.

Not really. It's a correction on literal definitions that some people seem to be confused about.

Slownenberg said:

Exclusive normally just means only on that company's systems. So any first party game would apply.

There are different "types" of exclusives.

Platform exclusive means it only exists on ONE platform. The Switch is a singular platform.
The WiiU is a singular platform.

If a game has released on both platforms it is no longer a platform exclusive.

****

Now a Nintendo exclusive title means it only releases on Nintendo devices... And that could be the NES and the Switch, doesn't matter.


But when someone *claims* a ported WiiU game (That includes Breath of the Wild) is a Switch exclusive, that my good friend... Is just a blatant lie... And anyone who tries to counter-argue that point looses any and all credibility in my eyes as clearly they don't give two shits about facts.






--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Slownenberg said:

This argument has made this thread dumb.

Not really. It's a correction on literal definitions that some people seem to be confused about.

Nobody is confused. We all understand your definition we just 100% disagree with how you're applying it. Like all the way disagree in a way we could actually never agree with you because the way you see it is not useful at all. We know what the strictest meaning of exclusive means, we know what you're saying, but for all suits and purposes, like Jumpin said, most of us consider BotW a Switch exclusive and will call it that when speaking about it, because that is what it is (for all suits and purposes). No amount of repeating the exact definition of what an exclusive is will change anyone's mind because it doesn't mean anything to apply it that way, except in the most boring of conversations, such as "What are the games that only came out on Switch and not on any other Nintendo console - must haves!!!" which nobody should participate in because it's dumb.

BotW is a flagship Switch exclusive which you can't find on PC, PS, XB or anything else, except a dead console that 13.5M people bought. It was released on the same day and was a Switch launch title. Nobody seems bothered to call it a Switch exclusive because that's really what it is (for all suits and purposes). Because by your logic, Ocarina of Time is not an N64 exclusive, that's the kind of conclusion you get by being stuck on terms to their most limited aspect.

So we all understand what you're saying, we're not confused. We just disagree because it makes no sense not to call it an exclusive.



A dead Nintendo console might I add.

To put things into perspective, the point of exclusivity it to say it is on your platforms and not those of competitors. That really never applies for games releases for platforms of one same manufacturer except in the most technical of conversations, which like I said have nothing to do with the spirit of OP, meaning games that can't be found on competitive systems (even PC), and only on a Nintendo console (and well U is dead so Switch is the only one that is relevant in the conversation of exclusives in 2021).

Hey, feel free to disagree but nobody is confused at all we just do not agree.



FragileSurface said:

Pretty sure I played Gris on Ps4 over a year ago...

Yep, just checked, Gris is on everything but Xbox.



FragileSurface said:

Pretty sure I played Gris on Ps4 over a year ago...

Removed Gris 



Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

Daemon X Machina is still an exclusive as the only console it's on. Came to PC later but Switch is still the only console you can play it on.



Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Daemon X Machina is still an exclusive as the only console it's on. Came to PC later but Switch is still the only console you can play it on.

Added, Only because you're well known here and I like Mechs I like the create your character feature too.

Last edited by dx11332sega - on 31 July 2021

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

padib said:
Pemalite said:

Not really. It's a correction on literal definitions that some people seem to be confused about.

Nobody is confused. We all understand your definition we just 100% disagree with how you're applying it.

There is no room for interpretation here. It's a Switch exclusive or it's not.

Breath of the Wild is not. Neither is Mario Kart 8.

padib said:

Like all the way disagree in a way we could actually never agree with you because the way you see it is not useful at all.

I don't see how it's not useful? You don't actually loose anything out of it.

padib said:

 We know what the strictest meaning of exclusive means, we know what you're saying, but for all suits and purposes, like Jumpin said, most of us consider BotW a Switch exclusive and will call it that when speaking about it, because that is what it is (for all suits and purposes).

What you consider is irrelevant, we are talking the literal definition here... What you are attempting to achieve is twisting the definition for whatever reason.

padib said:

BotW is a flagship Switch exclusive which you can't find on PC, PS, XB or anything else, except a dead console that 13.5M people bought.

Then it's a Nintendo exclusive, not a Switch exclusive.

padib said:

Because by your logic, Ocarina of Time is not an N64 exclusive, that's the kind of conclusion you get by being stuck on terms to their most limited aspect.

So we all understand what you're saying, we're not confused. We just disagree because it makes no sense not to call it an exclusive.

That's not my logic or definition.

If the game gets an official release on another platform, then it's not exclusive. Simple as that.

And if that isn't the case (Like you are arguing) we can start to include the PC, which can run Breath of the Wild via CEMU perfectly fine using the original code, in-fact better than the WiiU or Switch... Which means it's not even Nintendo exclusive either.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 31 July 2021

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

dx11332sega said:
Shiken said:

How does one recommend a few of those as must haves, when they are not even released to know yet?

They'll score above 75 obviously and are must have's in the future.

Except you don’t know that.  They could be truly awful.  I would have said Metroid other m was going to be a must have before it came out.  It looked like it was going to be the best Metroid ever made… it ended up being a turd.  I can’t tell you how excited I was for anthem to come out as a huge BioWare fan… and yet it was crap.  Nintendo has released its fair share of clunkers in the past.  No list of must have or recommended games should ever include games that have not been released.  If you want to make a list of exclusives, go for it (that’s pretty much what the op is at this point), but don’t call it a must have list.  



Not out yet so this could age terribly but I feel fairly confident that Mario Party Superstars (assuming u were talking about Super in the post) will be worthy of this once its out.