By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Exclusive must haves

dx11332sega said:
Kakadu18 said:

Here's another exclusive: OkunoKa

It's on PS4

No, OkunoKa Madness is multiplat, the first game is Switch exclusive, at least according to Google and Metacritic and it's a great platformer.

Around the Network

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is definitely missing in the OP

Only came here to check if Links Awakening was added... Love that game.
It took everything I loved about the original gameboy release that I played when I was youngg-er and brought it into the year 2021.

What about Pokemon Sword/Shield? I thought they were average at best, but I can't really judge the series, as the last Pokemon game I played prior was Pokemon Red/Blue back in the 90's. (Which Sword/Shield wasn't really an improvement from in regards to story)

Jumpin said:

Technically it and Mario Kart 8 are on the Wii U, but that’s more or less a technicality considering the reality of the situation. 

The Wii U was a dead console when Breath of the Wild launched. It’s a Switch exclusive for all intents and purposes.

If it released on another platform, dead or not, then by it's very definition, it's not exclusive.

Jumpin said:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s features set it leagues ahead of the Wii U version. The portability and vastly superior multiplayer of the 8D make all the difference. While they share much of the same content, the experience is very different for everyone taking advantage of the new content and features. The Wii U version is effectively a mediocre update to Mario Kart Wii. MK8D on Switch is a killer app.

It's the same damn game. Jesus christ.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

Jumpin said:

Technically it and Mario Kart 8 are on the Wii U, but that’s more or less a technicality considering the reality of the situation. 

The Wii U was a dead console when Breath of the Wild launched. It’s a Switch exclusive for all intents and purposes.

If it released on another platform, dead or not, then by it's very definition, it's not exclusive.

I take it you don't know what "for all intents and purposes" means.

Jumpin said:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s features set it leagues ahead of the Wii U version. The portability and vastly superior multiplayer of the 8D make all the difference. While they share much of the same content, the experience is very different for everyone taking advantage of the new content and features. The Wii U version is effectively a mediocre update to Mario Kart Wii. MK8D on Switch is a killer app.

It's the same damn game. Jesus christ.

I guess you had one of those Wii U's that could play the proper battle mode and up to 12 player local multiplayer without split screens :/

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

dx11332sega said:

These games are recommended 

Switch Only

Splatoon 3(not for me I don't like to bully kids online but good for other)

Ahh anyone have user data on the average age of the players.  You just described the stigma all video games had not too long ago and the stigma Nintendo has carried even more recently ... video games are for kids

I'd invite you to play some Splatoon and see who bullies who.  Perhaps it is just me but in most of the games I have played online the kids have better eyes and better reaction times than the adults and if it weren't (in many cases) for the better strategy employed by the adults then the kids would wipe the floor with them.

EDIT: moved my 2 cents out of the quote box

Last edited by The_Yoda - on 24 July 2021

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Pemalite said:

I take it you don't know what "for all intents and purposes" means.

For all intents and purposes, I disagreed with your assertions.

BotW (cross gen but Switch is the main version)
Smash
Odyssey
Mario + Rabbids
Splatoon 2
Mario Maker 2

Those would be my must have exclusives.

padib said:
Pemalite said:

For all intents and purposes, I disagreed with your assertions.

Basically he means it's Nintendo exclusive (only on Nintendo devices), and the U is (and mostly always was) dead so he's kind of right. For any practical logic talking about an exclusive library of games that gives value to the library, it's a Switch exclusive, for a technical precision (which is not so useful in this case), it isn't.

You are twisting things around to fit a narrative.

The success/lack of success of the WiiU is absolutely irrelevant to a ported game being a Switch exclusive.

If it released on WiiU... It's absolutely 100% not a Switch exclusive.

Daemon X Machina if you like mecha and anime. Great game.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

padib said:

EBWOP: @Pemalite, just to keep things into perspective, regarding BotW:
Total sales for the Switch version reached 22.28 million by March 2021. It has sold 1.67 million copies on the Wii U.

I tried that with my girlfriend when she questioned my sexual exclusivity,I explained that I started preparing to have sex with her sister way before meeting her and having commenced foreplay it seemed unwise to pull out and while there was some overlap, we have had way more sex.

Now  while her decision to exclude other people and instead have sex together may or may not have lead to an outcome where the sex ended up involving just the two of us, it is  still evidence of our sexual exclusivity, also me knocking back the advances from the supermodel Horizon is another demonstration of just how exclusive our sex life was, but after all that mansplaining all I got was this reply .

Last edited by mjk45 - on 30 July 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot