By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Exclusive must haves

Slownenberg said:

This argument has made this thread dumb.

Not really. It's a correction on literal definitions that some people seem to be confused about.

Slownenberg said:

Exclusive normally just means only on that company's systems. So any first party game would apply.

There are different "types" of exclusives.

Platform exclusive means it only exists on ONE platform. The Switch is a singular platform.
The WiiU is a singular platform.

If a game has released on both platforms it is no longer a platform exclusive.

Now a Nintendo exclusive title means it only releases on Nintendo devices... And that could be the NES and the Switch, doesn't matter.

But when someone *claims* a ported WiiU game (That includes Breath of the Wild) is a Switch exclusive, that my good friend... Is just a blatant lie... And anyone who tries to counter-argue that point looses any and all credibility in my eyes as clearly they don't give two shits about facts.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
FragileSurface said:

Pretty sure I played Gris on Ps4 over a year ago...

Yep, just checked, Gris is on everything but Xbox.

Daemon X Machina is still an exclusive as the only console it's on. Came to PC later but Switch is still the only console you can play it on.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

padib said:
Pemalite said:

Not really. It's a correction on literal definitions that some people seem to be confused about.

Nobody is confused. We all understand your definition we just 100% disagree with how you're applying it.

There is no room for interpretation here. It's a Switch exclusive or it's not.

Breath of the Wild is not. Neither is Mario Kart 8.

padib said:

Like all the way disagree in a way we could actually never agree with you because the way you see it is not useful at all.

I don't see how it's not useful? You don't actually loose anything out of it.

padib said:

We know what the strictest meaning of exclusive means, we know what you're saying, but for all suits and purposes, like Jumpin said, most of us consider BotW a Switch exclusive and will call it that when speaking about it, because that is what it is (for all suits and purposes).

What you consider is irrelevant, we are talking the literal definition here... What you are attempting to achieve is twisting the definition for whatever reason.

padib said:

BotW is a flagship Switch exclusive which you can't find on PC, PS, XB or anything else, except a dead console that 13.5M people bought.

Then it's a Nintendo exclusive, not a Switch exclusive.

padib said:

Because by your logic, Ocarina of Time is not an N64 exclusive, that's the kind of conclusion you get by being stuck on terms to their most limited aspect.

So we all understand what you're saying, we're not confused. We just disagree because it makes no sense not to call it an exclusive.

That's not my logic or definition.

If the game gets an official release on another platform, then it's not exclusive. Simple as that.

And if that isn't the case (Like you are arguing) we can start to include the PC, which can run Breath of the Wild via CEMU perfectly fine using the original code, in-fact better than the WiiU or Switch... Which means it's not even Nintendo exclusive either.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 31 July 2021

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

dx11332sega said:
Shiken said:

How does one recommend a few of those as must haves, when they are not even released to know yet?

They'll score above 75 obviously and are must have's in the future.

Except you don’t know that.  They could be truly awful.  I would have said Metroid other m was going to be a must have before it came out.  It looked like it was going to be the best Metroid ever made… it ended up being a turd.  I can’t tell you how excited I was for anthem to come out as a huge BioWare fan… and yet it was crap.  Nintendo has released its fair share of clunkers in the past.  No list of must have or recommended games should ever include games that have not been released.  If you want to make a list of exclusives, go for it (that’s pretty much what the op is at this point), but don’t call it a must have list.  

Around the Network

Not out yet so this could age terribly but I feel fairly confident that Mario Party Superstars (assuming u were talking about Super in the post) will be worthy of this once its out.

Basically a list of Nintendo first Party titles of fantastic, apathetic, or dubious quality, depending on the individual.
Granted, there are a few games from other publishers on this list.

Edit: sorry if this seems a bit snarky. ?

I guess I am always simultaneously impressed and underwhelmed by Nintendo. Re-boot camp needs to hurry up!

Last edited by Strategyking92 - on 31 July 2021

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Breath of the Wild deserves on this list, even though there is a Wii U version. If we exclude it, then The Last of Us doesn't belong in a PS4 exclusive list either and that one is mentioned in such lists all the time. Also, this debate reminds me of tomatoes being a fruit versus a vegetable. Well, TECHNICALLY they are a fruit but on the side of context and common sense they're not. Nobody puts tomates in a damn fruit salad! But sure, some crazy minds would even do that juts to prove a point.

GoOnKid said:

Breath of the Wild deserves on this list, even though there is a Wii U version. If we exclude it, then The Last of Us doesn't belong in a PS4 exclusive list either and that one is mentioned in such lists all the time.

Is it? Or is it mentioned in lists for PlayStation exclusives / Sony exclusives instead? And TLoU doesn't belong in a PS4 exclusive list.

Why not change the thread title to "Nintendo exclusives on Switch must haves" and everybody is happy?

GoOnKid said:

Breath of the Wild deserves on this list, even though there is a Wii U version. If we exclude it, then The Last of Us doesn't belong in a PS4 exclusive list either and that one is mentioned in such lists all the time. Also, this debate reminds me of tomatoes being a fruit versus a vegetable. Well, TECHNICALLY they are a fruit but on the side of context and common sense they're not. Nobody puts tomates in a damn fruit salad! But sure, some crazy minds would even do that juts to prove a point.

Considering TLOU was released on PS3, sold over 7 million copies eventually become the 3rd best selling PS3 game, and just one year later was released on PS4 I don't know why anyone on their right mind would call it a PS4 exclusive