By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I am a predictive genius!

How do you feel about Sony making PC games?

Great, more gamers can play them! 15 57.69%

It's bad, thats destroying Playstation! 5 19.23%

Meh, I don't care either way... 6 23.08%

Total:26

Back in 2017 I made a thread, saying that Sony should go 3rd-party by selling their games on PC.

Well, Sony listened to me! They put a lot of their output on PC now and thus expanding the audience (more people are able to enjoy these games) and giving their devs the chance to optimize the experience with the superior tech of PCs. This guy gets it.

How do you feel about Sony's PC offerings and my genius in predicting their moves?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

I like it, all games should be available in all platforms imo

I don't play on PC but it's good PC gamers have a chance to play Sony games

IcaroRibeiro said:

That would lead to PC being the only platform, cause no one would have incentive to buy a Console. Don't get me wrong I'd love that, but I doubt Nintendo will ever put their games on PC.

Mnementh”I am a Predicitve Genius”
Tbone51 “Hold my Bold”

Now we wait for Nintendo to go 3rd party

Sony has very few games that interest me personally, but for others that's certainly a great direction.

Around the Network
Matsku said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

That would lead to PC being the only platform, cause no one would have incentive to buy a Console. Don't get me wrong I'd love that, but I doubt Nintendo will ever put their games on PC.

I think most of people buy consoles because of three things:

- It's cheaper 

- It's accessible in the sense you don't need to bother with specs and upgrades 

- It has an habit to play on consoles, and people don't like changing habits 

Even if all games were on PC, I don't think consoles would stop selling. I mean, Xbox are still selling 50 million despite all their games being on PC as well 

If Xbox can sell 50 million with a brand nowhere near as big as Sony I can pretty much see Sony selling their 70-80 million regardless of their games being on PC or not 

As for Nintendo, they are the only publisher selling handhelds, that's will secure their 40-50 million no matter what happens. But I agree, if they release their major games on PC their market share would suffer because there would almost no point buying Nintendo home consoles to play a thing that can be played elsewhere, their consoles are far too underpowered to justify a purchase for people who only or mostly plays as home console and could play their games elsewhere. I personally would still buying because I like handhelds but if I was a console gamer I would never buy a Nintendo again if I could play their IPs on PC, specially because they never require high specs, even my entry level PC can play games better than my Switch 

Good call, man. Thumbs up.

I wish Nintendo would put their games on PC.

I wish everyone would put their games on PC.

KLAMarine said:

I wish Nintendo would put their games on PC.

Well, they put them on phones. You do have a phone, do you?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]