By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I know why the Switch OLED is more expensive

I saw the specs on Nintendo.com and saw youtuber Switchforce checking the specs Oled version his heart fell. I blame Mundane matt from 2018 for this. Hope Nintendo brings a Switch XL in 2023. if it's not 4k then 1080p small upgrade in handheld to get xbox one games would be fine.

Last edited by dx11332sega - on 06 July 2021

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

It's more expensive because Nintendo know people will pay what they charge regardless.

Just like $70 for first party titles or $10 for a patch other companies just update for free.

Pemalite said:

You didn't explain why it's more expensive though. Clickbait title?

I put a lot off work on the content by editing the image (explanation), adding a link (inspiration) and stating the source (source).
And all this while watching Spain trying their best against Italy.

EDIT: In the end I got my facts jumbled up due to the match, it isn't the brightness sensor, must be something else,
and I can't put my finger on why the Switch OLED would cost more than the OG v2 ole model.

Last edited by TomaTito - on 08 July 2021

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Captain_Yuri said:

I'll tell you the real reason why it's more expensive.

Because Nintendo is washing yayo-bucks?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I heard Oled on Tv's make Tv prices sky rocket. maybe it applies on Switch? but the PSvita was 250 dollars so who knows?

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

TheBraveGallade said:

nah. OLEDs are just more expensive man.
also screen is larger, and i belive the chassis and dock is metal now?

Not in the Switch size.

ironmanDX said:
BraLoD said:

It's more expensive because Nintendo know people will pay what they charge regardless.

Just like $70 for first party titles or $10 for a patch other companies just update for free.

Oh i didnt know apple had first party studios 

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

ironmanDX said:
BraLoD said:

I mean, sure that sucks as well, I was complaining about having to pay twice to update GoT for PS5 on its thread.

Any reason to point it out here other than to blindly defend Nintendo, tho?