By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - US rivers drying up, massive heat waves, devastating cold snaps

On a more serious note. Here is some positive news coming from the two stinkiest nations on earth. Environmentalist and China's Climate envoy, Xie Zhenhua, meets with US politician John Kerrick to ink out a deal on cutting carbon and methane emissions across ten years while Xi Jinping and Biden insult each other like children. If these two countries could make themselves produce less stink, the world will be a better place, and the chance to secure a future for humanity and most multicellular organisms will improve.

There are lots of downvotes on the video, I can't figure out why. It seems that whenever there's good news from the US, there's a ton of downvotes on the video. But there are a lot of really nasty ghouls, like those Westboro Baptist Q'Anon types, who are so full of ignorance and hatred that they can't tolerate good news, and just want to see the whole world suffer and burn.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

On a more serious note. Here is some positive news coming from the two stinkiest nations on earth. Environmentalist and China's Climate envoy, Xie Zhenhua, meets with US politician John Kerrick to ink out a deal on cutting carbon and methane emissions across ten years while Xi Jinping and Biden insult each other like children. If these two countries could make themselves produce less stink, the world will be a better place, and the chance to secure a future for humanity and most multicellular organisms will improve.

There are lots of downvotes on the video, I can't figure out why. It seems that whenever there's good news from the US, there's a ton of downvotes on the video. But there are a lot of really nasty ghouls, like those Westboro Baptist Q'Anon types, who are so full of ignorance and hatred that they can't tolerate good news, and just want to see the whole world suffer and burn.

The downvotes are obviously from those not happy with the chip shortage. Burn more coal, get those consoles, GPUs and what not produced and shipped over here. We need our distractions from the coming doom and gloom.

Anyway good news, hopefully if it actually leads to something.

dx11332sega said:

Is mining also a cause for global warming? like cryto currencies?

https://www.reuters.com/technology/how-big-is-bitcoins-carbon-footprint-2021-05-13/

At current rates, such bitcoin "mining" devours about the same amount of energy annually as the Netherlands did in 2019, data from the University of Cambridge and the International Energy Agency shows.

Bitcoin production is estimated to generate between 22 and 22.9 million metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions a year, or between the levels produced by Jordan and Sri Lanka, a 2019 study in scientific journal Joule found.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/comparing-the-carbon-footprint-of-gold-and-bitcoin/

The carbon footprint of a single mined bitcoin (including fees) amounts to 191 tonnes of carbon dioxide while to mine the equivalent value in gold, it would only take 13 tonnes of carbon dioxide.

SvennoJ said:
dx11332sega said:

Is mining also a cause for global warming? like cryto currencies?

https://www.reuters.com/technology/how-big-is-bitcoins-carbon-footprint-2021-05-13/

At current rates, such bitcoin "mining" devours about the same amount of energy annually as the Netherlands did in 2019, data from the University of Cambridge and the International Energy Agency shows.

Bitcoin production is estimated to generate between 22 and 22.9 million metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions a year, or between the levels produced by Jordan and Sri Lanka, a 2019 study in scientific journal Joule found.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/comparing-the-carbon-footprint-of-gold-and-bitcoin/

The carbon footprint of a single mined bitcoin (including fees) amounts to 191 tonnes of carbon dioxide while to mine the equivalent value in gold, it would only take 13 tonnes of carbon dioxide.

Holy shit, that's worse than I thought. Time to make that stuff illegal.

Time is running out friends. Turn your hearts to Jesus Christ

Around the Network

Seems we will be entering another La-Nina year, so current weather patterns should remain consistent for another season. (Australia - Moist and Cool.)

Great for me, means a much reduced fire season, but it means when it switches to an El-Nino eventually, it will be more catastrophic than 2019 due to a higher fuel load on the ground.

craighopkins said:

Time is running out friends. Turn your hearts to Jesus Christ

Or... We can simply put one foot forward and start making an effort to resolve the issue.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

the times are changing

BiON!@