By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - US rivers drying up, massive heat waves, devastating cold snaps

Humanity, for the most part, is responsible for the damage we have done to this planet... but to be honest, I think the main culprit for the extreme weather changes are because of the poles moving.

The North Pole appears to be moving towards Siberia away from Canada. If this trend continues, in the next 50-100 years, Canada would probably be comparable to US weather with much less snow.

That's why warm places getting cooler, vice versa; as well as bodies of water changing.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/environment/a32496561/why-magnetic-north-pole-moving/

Around the Network
PSwii60 said:

Humanity, for the most part, is responsible for the damage we have done to this planet... but to be honest, I think the main culprit for the extreme weather changes are because of the poles moving.

The North Pole appears to be moving towards Siberia away from Canada. If this trend continues, in the next 50-100 years, Canada would probably be comparable to US weather with much less snow.

That's why warm places getting cooler, vice versa; as well as bodies of water changing.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/environment/a32496561/why-magnetic-north-pole-moving/

What does the magnetic north pole shifting have to do with the weather?

Google comes up with someone claiming super storms can come from the magnetic pole shifting, however:
https://climate.nasa.gov/blog/3104/flip-flop-why-variations-in-earths-magnetic-field-arent-causing-todays-climate-change/

There’s no known physical mechanism capable of connecting weather conditions at Earth’s surface with electromagnetic currents in space.

Solar storms and their electromagnetic interactions only impact Earth’s ionosphere, which extends from the lowest edge of the mesosphere (about 31 miles or 50 kilometers above Earth’s surface) to space, around 600 miles (965 kilometers) above the surface. They have no impact on Earth’s troposphere or lower stratosphere, where Earth’s surface weather, and subsequently its climate, originate.

In short, when it comes to climate, variations in Earth’s magnetic field are nothing to get charged up about.

You would think it would but how can you argue with rocket scientists.

blah blah blah from Obama at COP26, fine words never backed up in deeds, Biden follows in his footsteps tragically for all of us 

I like to imagine that I had some small part to play in this with my non electric car thingy.

Lube Me Up

Around the Network
PSwii60 said:

Okey let's suppose that part about climate being more influenced by other bigger scale phenomena is correct, the thing is people with power that adhere to that explanations,  think about that as free pass to keep polluting the world.

Just today in a local newspapper they put up a note about how Atacama desert in Chile is being used as a gigantic dumpster for "old clothes" that are being sent mainly from USA and Europe, because the idiotic consumist mindset supported and encouraged by corporations in "The first world" makes people in there throw away things that sometimes are just barely used, just so that people cand spend again and again in things they don't even need.

and those companies are some of the ones that backup studies about "how the human activitie has 0% impact on climate and other enviromental problems", of course we can't discard all types of investigations and alternative explanations, but some take those studies and pass it as a proof that humanity can keep abusing the enviroment with impunity.

Last edited by foxmccloud64 - on 09 November 2021

PSwii60 said:

Don’t forget Democrat lasers! And praying to the wrong gods and science. That has been causing climate change too.

Also, keep watching Fox News and Facebook to find out what sort of climate change is really happening. I once believed in global warming myself, but the truth is clear—it’s been getting cold for months!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

Don’t forget Democrat lasers! And praying to the wrong gods and science. That has been causing climate change too.

Also, keep watching Fox News and Facebook to find out what sort of climate change is really happening. I once believed in global warming myself, but the truth is clear—it’s been getting cold for months!

Haha, meanwhile, yesterday I'm lounging in my garden in my shorts, reading a book, getting a sun tan in November in Ontario

COP26: World headed for 2.4C warming despite climate summit - report

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-59220687 ...BBC Science 

"It calculates that the world is heading for 2.4C of warming, far more than the 1.5C limit nations committed to.

COP26 "has a massive credibility, action and commitment gap", according to the Climate Action Tracker (CAT)."

"This new calculation is like a telescope trained on an asteroid heading for Earth. It's a devastating report that in any sane world would cause governments in Glasgow to immediately set aside their differences and work with uncompromising vigour for a deal to save our common future"

SvennoJ said:
Jumpin said:

Haha, meanwhile, yesterday I'm lounging in my garden in my shorts, reading a book, getting a sun tan in November in Ontario

Remember, steer clear of windmills. They cause cancer. Drink bleach steadily to clean/detox oneself. Worse case scenario, nuke the hurricanes if need be.