By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best experimental Nintendo project on Switch?

I think the best is...

LABO 7 14.00%

Ring Fit Adventure 32 64.00%

Mario Kart Live 2 4.00%

Game Builder Garage 9 18.00%

Total:50
ARamdomGamer said:

I guess LABO, in the sense that is the most experimental of the 4 options, Ring Fit is just another fitness game, but with more flavor than something like Wii Fit, Game Builder Garage is another title along the lines of Mario Maker, and WarioWare DIY. Live Circuit is an AR MK game.

My favorite of the bunch is Ring Fit, but I wouldn't call it experimental.

I agree. Most experimental has to be LABO, incorporating the joy-con sensors as different inputs through cardboard is an in-the-box thinking you'd expect from Nintendo. Game Builder Garage has to be inspired by LABO's own Toy-Con Garage. And lastly, Patcher's prophecy Nintendo fans would buy any cardboard box that says Nintendo on it came true!

My favourite from the poll is also Ring Fit, as it is the only one I bought from those. (It also used the IR sensor in an interesting pulse taking way)

But my shout-out goes to Clubhouse games, even though it is a sequel. Kudos to Nintendo for releasing such packaged title.

Last edited by TomaTito - on 28 June 2021

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Chicho said:

How is ring fit experimental? There already are fitness games on switch and the Wii U.

Yeah, but ring fit actually is an RPG (with an actual story, boss fights and everything) with fitness mechanics. That seems novel enough to me.

How can any of these games be experimental? Video game consoles have been around for almost 50 years!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

LABO was criminally underrated.

derpysquirtle64 said:

LABO was criminally underrated.

Yeah I always felt like it was a really cool concept that got a bad rap just because it wasn't a traditional "hardcore" gaming experience. People made some pretty cool stuff with it including a working real-world laser tag game.

Does 1/2 Switch count? If so, that gets my vote. Yes, it's "casual", but my family and I had a blast playing it. It felt like it was a perfect extension of the Wii days when they were making games that could substitute for family board game night.

Around the Network

Ring Fit Adventure actually offers a good workout, in a fun form factor. As someone who prefers power lifting at a gym, I was suprised that at max settings even I would break a sweat. Anyone just looking to maybe live a little healthier or just get into decent shape without going to the gym should definitely check it out.

Not saying it will do for you what the gym will, but it can certainly keep you from being "out of shape".

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261