By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Was a No Show- How Did PlayStation Fare at E3?

Sony did not participate in E3 this year. Obviously this led to much less excitement around the PS brand without any 1st party representation.

But PlayStation has very strong 3rd Party support. So how excited are you about games coming to the PS4 or PS5 that were represented at E3?

Any highlights for Sony fans?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

I look forward to Tales of Arise, Elden Ring and maybe Avatar (wasn't a big fan of it being a FPS). Guardians of the Galaxy might be worth it, but it needs combat with a bit more depth.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Considering the 3rd party shows sucked...

Well lets just say Sony gave us no less than they promised at E3.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

PS was tired of having the anti-consumer hatred focused on them and left the limelight available for the competition to have to deal with this time.

Unfortunately it's been really quiet on that front because apparently locking stuff down is a good thing, somehow, at least for now... along with old skool E3 presentations like short gameplay clips and CGI cutscenes. LOL.

So now or soon would be the time to do the same if PS wanted to follow suit, assuming they were feeling extra saucy.

PS exclusives are having an excellent track record of picking up any slack anyway. PS4 and PS5, already, got everything they need coming and more. Little will be missed all that much.

P.S. to PS : Please don't follow suit, which also means don't downgrade the router. We don't expect you would, like the others...

Signalstar said:

Sony did not participate in E3 this year. Obviously this led to much less excitement around the PS brand without any 1st party representation.

But PlayStation has very strong 3rd Party support.
So how excited are you about games coming to the PS4 or PS5 that were represented at E3?

Any highlights for Sony fans?

From the Microsoft showing.

Stalker 2  ---------------> 3 months exclusive deal, after that on PS5 ect.
Back 4 blood  -----------> also on PS4/PS5 ect
Sea of thieves
Yakuza like a dragon   --------> also on PS4/PS5
Battlefield  ----------> multiplat, also on PS5
Phyconauts ----------> also on PS4/PS5
Fallout 76 --------> multiplat
ESO  --------> multiplat
Party animals  -----------> half year? timed exclusive, after PS4/PS5 ect.
Hades --------->  also on PS5
Summerville -------> timed exclusive
Halo Campagne
Halo Multiplayer
Diablo 2 res  -------> multiplat
Plauge tale 2  --------> timed exclusive, early 2022 for PS4/PS5.
Far cry 6  -------> multiplat
Slime rancher 2  (confirmed exclusive)
Shredders ------> timed exclusive, heading for PS4/PS5 after.
Atomic heart -------> also on PS4/PS5
Replaced   (confirmed exclusive)
Grounded
Among us ------> PS4/PS5 ect.
Eiyuden Chronicle ------> PS4/PS5 ect.
Age of Empire 4
Horizion 6

*bolded are xbox/PC only. Rest is heading for PS4/PS5 ect.

If you look at other shows, Im pretty sure theres plenty of titles also heading PS4/PS5s way.
Plus sony themselves probably have tons of stuff yet to announce.

The best thing shown, at Microsofts E3 was imo, Eiyuden Chronicle + Stalker 2 + Battlefield.
All 3 are heading for PS4/PS5 I think.

"So how excited are you about games coming to the PS4 or PS5 that were represented at E3?"

I really liked seeing Eiyuden Chronicles.
im hyped for it.

Also:  "Any highlights for Sony fans?"

Rift Apart, just released like less than a week ago.
That 1 single game, imo beats Halo + GaaS updates, Microsoft had.
The timed exclusives? I dont even have a PS5 yet..... doesnt matter (to me imo), by the time I get one, they ll be on there and cheap.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 17 June 2021

Around the Network

Do we have a comprehensive list of games coming for PS4 presented in E3?

I only watched Nintendo and Square stuff

Bandorr said:

I don't remember the name of the game. There however was a poll about "what was the most exciting Xbox game" or something like that. So whatever that name was.
Also Guardians of the Galaxy, and Fantasy origins from Square Enix.

Not sure on Babylone. I don't have a clue what that is and to be honest I'm not sure sure what "games as a service" means.

Oh and Black Panther for Marvels Avengers. The "story" part of that game is quite good. It has various issues but the story is worth playing for. So I'm waiting on that.

edit: Googled it. Eiuyden Chronicle. Want to see more of that.

+1 :)

For the old school Suikoden fans out there (this is the spiritual successor, of that)

IcaroRibeiro said:

Not really a comprehensive one, but see my post above.
Most of the 3rd party stuff shown at Microsofts E3, was comeing to PS4/PS5, and some were timed exclusives.
So theres plenty comeing.

JRPGfan said:
Bandorr said:

I don't remember the name of the game. There however was a poll about "what was the most exciting Xbox game" or something like that. So whatever that name was.
Also Guardians of the Galaxy, and Fantasy origins from Square Enix.

Not sure on Babylone. I don't have a clue what that is and to be honest I'm not sure sure what "games as a service" means.

Oh and Black Panther for Marvels Avengers. The "story" part of that game is quite good. It has various issues but the story is worth playing for. So I'm waiting on that.

edit: Googled it. Eiuyden Chronicle. Want to see more of that.

+1 :)

For the old school Suikoden fans out there (this is the spiritual successor, of that)

IcaroRibeiro said:

Not really a comprehensive one, but see my post above.
Most of the 3rd party stuff shown at Microsofts E3, was comeing to PS4/PS5, and some were timed exclusives.
So theres plenty comeing.

Thank you. I think I have no choice but watch MS presentation lmao