By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who "Won" E3 2021?

Who won E3?

Ubisoft 0 0%

Gearbox 0 0%

Microsoft 56 30.77%

Chaos (Square Enix) 3 1.65%

Nintendo 108 59.34%

Bandai Namco 2 1.10%

They all sucked 13 7.14%

Total:182
Mar1217 said:
V-r0cK said:

Nintendo won for me with new BotW, Metroid and Mario Party.

I wonder when Bayo 3 will come out. Can't believe it's been almost 7 years since the last one.

More than 3 years since the first teaser ...

Guess we all have to follow Kamiya's advice on the matter and forget about the game until they show something at the most unexpected moment *shrugs*

3 years?! Dam!! There should be a rule that you're not allowed to announce a game unless it's planned to be released within the next 2 years lol

Around the Network

Nintendo. Very easily.
SMTV
AW remakes
Metroid Dread
Cruis'n Blast (for me anyway)
BOTW2

Every other show was dull as hell. Ubisoft just updates and the same old shit. Capcom farted. SE took a Marvel dump. MS shows again Halo and Forza *yawn*

I expected little from Nintendo but they had a solid showing. Not quite 2019 good. Better than 2018 (that was dull as dirt aside from DXM)

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Microsoft has largely mastered the art of the E3 conference. They go game to game without much fluff and all the games tend to be pretty big budget titles. It's is probably just personal taste though, because I don't find myself caring about much of anything they showed. It was all "That looks cool, but I'll never play it".

Nintendo's conference on the other hand wasn't bad, but it didn't feel as big. I think the way they lay it out with the presenters and the fairly sterile "Direct" format takes away a lot of the energy of traditional E3 conferences. That said, I want to play just about everything they showed. SMT5, BOTW2, Advance Wars, WarioWare, Monkey Ball, Metroid fucking Dread.... It all looked like a lot of fun, it is largely coming soon and they gave us a good deal of gameplay.

If I have to choose between a good conference and games I actually want to play, I pick games every day (though I acknowledge that this is largely personal preference). Nintendo wins.

Everyone else kind of sucked.

Nintendo for me by faaaar.

Nintendo, easily, although partly by default because there wasn’t much else. Still they had a sold show.

Around the Network

Nintendo's presentation actually had me excited, and I screamed uncontrollably at the Advance Wars reveal.  I've never done that before.  The win clearly goes to Nintendo for me.

Microsoft mostly had games that were not for me, but a couple did look interesting (Psychonauts 2 and AoE4).  They also had a whole lot of games coming in general, so it's nice to see that they are actually trying.  That puts them lightyears ahead of everyone but Nintendo.

The best third party developer/publisher from the past week was From Software.  Elden Ring looked cool, and is probably the main third party game that people are going to remember favorably from the past week or so.  (Mario+Rabbids is also cool, but let's face it, it's really a first party game.)

Every other major third party company looked terrible including the ones that didn't show up.  Sony looked worst of all.  There is no such thing as winning by forfeit.  Not showing up means you forfeit. 

Xbox by a pretty large margin. I'm noticing that a lot of people are simply saying "Nintendo" out of spite because they hate Xbox, but if you simply sit and compare the two, Xbox definitely put on more of a "show" and focused on making sure people were seeing the value in their Game Pass ecosystem and Xbox+PC ecosystem. They also embraced another meme with the Xbox Series X mini fridge lol

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
ZyroXZ2 said:

Xbox by a pretty large margin. I'm noticing that a lot of people are simply saying "Nintendo" out of spite because they hate Xbox, but if you simply sit and compare the two, Xbox definitely put on more of a "show" and focused on making sure people were seeing the value in their Game Pass ecosystem and Xbox+PC ecosystem. They also embraced another meme with the Xbox Series X mini fridge lol

Depend on what interests you. No matter how great the show is, if youre not interested in the games, it doesnt matter. No one is hating on MS here.

KLXVER said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

Depend on what interests you. No matter how great the show is, if youre not interested in the games, it doesnt matter. No one is hating on MS here.

That's not exactly how that works.  If you hate an actor, that doesn't mean the movie was bad (it could have been a great movie, even if you hate the actor).  The opposite can be true, too: maybe you love the actor and it's your fave actor, but the movie sucked.  A third thing is possible, too: just like certain games, sometimes the movie was bad but the actor was so amazing that they made a bad movie bearable!

Winning E3 isn't about what you liked, everyone has their fav franchises, preferred genres, etc.  Just because you don't prefer racing games or first person shooters doesn't mean Nintendo won E3.  If you go by sheer content showing and focus, Xbox absolutely dominated Nintendo because not only did they also show games and gameplay trailers, but also drove home their Game Pass content value along the way, and then tried to hype people about their future since they now have Bethesda in their stable.  Whether a person LIKES or DISLIKES these games or genres is irrelevant when asking "who won E3".  You win E3 by building your brand, something Nintendo did very little of, and Nintendo only hyped their future with BotW2...  Even Sony has been doing more to hype the future of PlayStation than Nintendo.

If this post said "Who had more of the games you want to play", then you'd be correct in that perspective.  Ironically, I actually intended to speak on this manner, soooo... I may end up putting more of my response to you into actual words in a video soon enough lmao

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
ZyroXZ2 said:
KLXVER said:

That's not exactly how that works.  If you hate an actor, that doesn't mean the movie was bad (it could have been a great movie, even if you hate the actor).  The opposite can be true, too: maybe you love the actor and it's your fave actor, but the movie sucked.  A third thing is possible, too: just like certain games, sometimes the movie was bad but the actor was so amazing that they made a bad movie bearable!

Winning E3 isn't about what you liked, everyone has their fav franchises, preferred genres, etc.  Just because you don't prefer racing games or first person shooters doesn't mean Nintendo won E3.  If you go by sheer content showing and focus, Xbox absolutely dominated Nintendo because not only did they also show games and gameplay trailers, but also drove home their Game Pass content value along the way, and then tried to hype people about their future since they now have Bethesda in their stable.  Whether a person LIKES or DISLIKES these games or genres is irrelevant when asking "who won E3".  You win E3 by building your brand, something Nintendo did very little of, and Nintendo only hyped their future with BotW2...  Even Sony has been doing more to hype the future of PlayStation than Nintendo.

If this post said "Who had more of the games you want to play", then you'd be correct in that perspective.  Ironically, I actually intended to speak on this manner, soooo... I may end up putting more of my response to you into actual words in a video soon enough lmao

That is how it works. Its what excited you the most. Im guessing thats why the OP put "won" like that in the title. If you like a movie because of a certain actor, then thats what you like. Theres no official movie of the year. Its all preference. MS can build all they want, but if its not interesting, then what do I care?