By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who "Won" E3 2021?

Who won E3?

Ubisoft 0 0%

Gearbox 0 0%

Microsoft 56 30.77%

Chaos (Square Enix) 3 1.65%

Nintendo 108 59.34%

Bandai Namco 2 1.10%

They all sucked 13 7.14%

Total:182

The one with Metroid in it.

Xbox's was pretty good too.

Around the Network

Nintendo just for Botw 2 and Metroid. And they showed enough gameplay for most titles.

Microsoft was decent but i wish they showed off more of their Rpgs. Forza looked nice at least but besides that too many cinematic trailers.

Square enix was awful and the rest i won't even mention.

Toss up between MS and Nintendo, they pretty much carried E3. Both nailed it in my opinion, and I would be happy with either of them taking that title.

But if I had to choose one...and we are strickly speaking E3 and nothing else regarding the rest of the year...I gotta give...the edge to..................Microsoft........................

My E3 highlights were SMTV amd BotW2, but even with that I was more drawn to MS showcase. So many new games coming to gamepass and MS is going to kick off their 1st party line up strong with Halo and Forza Horizon 5, both if which excite me. Also looking forward to STALKER 2. Plus how can we ignore that they finally confirmed Bethesda games as console exclusive (which baffles me why people denied it for so long). It was just a solid show overall.

As I said however, toss up overall. That is just my pick if you put a gun to my head.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Nintendo. It had alot of games, all except for BotW2 set for this year with alot of gameplay, no CGI trailers that don't tell you anything about the game. Four games are from franchises that were dormant for quite some time, especially Advance Wars and Metroid.
Counting Cruis'n it's even five, since the last console Cruis'n game was on the Wii.
MHS2 got it's imo best trailer yet because it had alot of gameplay and SMTV also got alot of gameplay. On top of that there were alot of third party games, all coming this year.

The only other good showcase was from Microsoft, which did have the faults of having to many CGI trailers with zero info on the games, most of which are either releasing next year or didn't even get a release window. Obsidians comical trailers were obviously a plus though. Also the show had great pacing and the huge number of announcements alone made it a worthwhile show, it also had a decent genre variety even though there still were to many shooters.

So I think Nintendo wins and Microsoft is a close second. Ubisoft had Mario + Rabbids, which I'm hyped for and Avatar lookes promising, so Ubisoft's show wasn't bad.

Square, Capcom, Gearbox and Take-Two's shows were either terrible or an outright dissgrace to what E3 should be. Didn't watch Bandai's show.

Nintendo and Microsoft for me they presented things that look good some that i'm interested in, ubisoft was kinda meh, gearbox was ass, didn't get to watch the bandai namco one, square was a complete shitstorm. Or we could also go like the dudes that previously said "Sony won despite not being present", haha.

Around the Network

Nintendo and Microsoft are pretty even for me. If I had to say, I think Microsoft's is slightly better, but Nintendo's had more games I'm interested in. After those two, everything was either weak or abysmal.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Nintendo. They showed 24 games coming to Switch and only 3 (BOTW2, Mario + Rabbids and Two Point Campus) aren't releasing this year. That's not even counting Kazuya, the Doom and Hyrule Warriors expansions or the Zelda Game & Watch. Dread, Advance Wars, Wario Ware and the BOTW2 footage won it for me but things like SMTV, Cruis'n and Mario Party got my attention as well. And so many things are going to account for healthy sales this year. Even with nothing on Prime 4, the rumored DK game, no Bayo 3 or NMH3, Nintendo won it easily for me.

Microsoft just had too many things not coming until 2022 and most of their stuff just isn't for me but they still had a good showing IMO. And Forza looks fantastic.

Certainly not a great E3 overall but I really don't think it ended up too shabby in the end.

Last edited by archbrix - on 15 June 2021

Metroid alone did it for me. In only a few months. almost all the games releasing this year. This is what big shows need to be. This is whats coming now, not 3 years from now.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Only one showed a game I'm going to buy this year and that was Nintendo with Metroid. I might get SMT or Fatal frame depending on reviews. I am going to play Yakuza like a Dragon on gamepass though. I'm excited for some of the further out Xbox games they showed like Starfield and Outer Worlds 2, but its hard to beat BOTW 2. Both shows were 7.5's for me.

Nintendo won for me with new BotW, Metroid and Mario Party.

I wonder when Bayo 3 will come out. Can't believe it's been almost 7 years since the last one.