By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy series appreciation thread

Tagged games:

Are you hyped for Final Fantasy XVI

Yes 19 46.34%

Maybe 9 21.95%

No 13 31.71%

Total:41

I didn't play all the games. I played VIII, X, X-2, XII, XIII saga, XV, and finally VII Remake.

I know FF fanbase is so divided, each group has strong opinions regarding some games in the series. But I seriously liked them all. I would say XII was the worst main entry for me. The world building was fantastic, but the story and the characters felt weak, and the combat system didn't click with me as well, but still a good game.

If I have to pick a favorite, I would say X or VII Remake. X because of the story and characters. VII Remake because of the best battle system... like ever. I just loved it.

XV has a special place in my heart. It has a fantastic world and characters, but it was spread too thin between a movie, an anime, a game, and a book. The game as a standalone product suffered greatly story-wise. However, The fresh take on the main quest as a "road trip" and the real-time dynamic relationship between the main characters are very, very unique to XV. It is the heart and soul of the game, and what makes it special.

As any other FF game. XVI will be a day-one purchase. I can't say that I'm hyped, but I look forward for more info on the project. I don't know the director Hiroshi Takai and I'm not familiar with his works. And the reveal trailer had lackluster graphics, but it is still way too early to judge anything.
Last edited by Astral - on 09 June 2021

Around the Network
Astral said:

I didn't play all the games. I played VIII, X, X-2, XII, XIII saga, XV, and finally VII Remake.

I know FF fanbase is so divided, each group has strong opinions regarding some games in the series. But I seriously liked them all. I would say XII was the worst main entry for me. The world building was fantastic, but the story and the characters felt weak, and the combat system didn't click with me as well, but still a good game.

If I have to pick a favorite, I would say X or VII Remake. X because of the story and characters. VII Remake because of the best battle system... like ever. I just loved it.

XV has a special place in my heart. It has a fantastic world and characters, but it was spread too thin between a movie, an anime, a game, and a book. The game as a standalone product suffered greatly story-wise. However, The fresh take on the main quest as a "road trip" and the real-time dynamic relationship between the main characters are very, very unique to XV. It is the heart and soul of the game, and what makes it special.

As any other FF game. XVI will be a day-one purchase. I can't say that I'm hyped, but I look forward for more info on the project. I don't know the director Hiroshi Takai and I'm not familiar with his works. And the reveal trailer had lackluster graphics, but it is still way too early to judge anything.

I really want to believe that Final Fantasy XVI will be a complete game with a complete storyline, but seeing what happened to XV, I think we will at least have a movie or a bunch of DLCs.

I think the graphics in XVI trailer are looking decent, but not on next-gen level. It's probably going to take some time to release, so they can still work on it, I guess.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Astral said:

I really want to believe that Final Fantasy XVI will be a complete game with a complete storyline, but seeing what happened to XV, I think we will at least have a movie or a bunch of DLCs.

I think the graphics in XVI trailer are looking decent, but not on next-gen level. It's probably going to take some time to release, so they can still work on it, I guess.

I do believe XV was a one time experiment for SE. Maybe because of the troubled development cycle, they wanted to squeeze as much profit as possible. Even if XVI will have DLCs they won't be implemented in the same way as XV. I believe in Yoshida's ability in delivering a full experience. He is a proven producer who knows what the fans want.

Played Final Fantasy 7, 8, 10, 13, 15.

Only one I have completed is Final Fantasy 8 on PC back in the day when I was running 3dfx Glide.

I get to about 1/3rd of the way through and generally just loose interest in most Final Fantasy games.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

XIV is easily my favorite, I've been subscribed for 2,460 days, and have about 10,000 hours of playtime. It has a better story than most of the other mainline FF games that I've played, while somehow being both a mostly single player game and an mmorpg at the same time depending on your preferences.

Also if you'd allow me to meme a little - "With the expanded Free Trial of this critically acclaimed MMORPG, you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award-winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for FREE with no restrictions on playtime!" - You can play half of the game for free.

Around the Network

I remember that too. Took quite a bit of time.. Did u do it all school way without Witem materia or did u have the Witem materia? 

SanAndreasX said:

dane007 said:

Who remembers grinding at golden saucer to get the omnislash move for cloud
?

I remember doing all the chocobo racing, breeding, and save-scumming to get a gold chocobo.

It's an amazing place. It has catchy music!! Funny u say that cause gold saucer had chocobo racing in it :)!. I loved doing the coliseum type battles. Good way to test your strength. 

ZambiaAlex_The_Hedgehog said:

dane007 said:

Who remembers grinding at golden saucer to get the omnislash move for cloud
?

This place reminds me of the Chocobo Racing minigame.

Just reached chapter 9 in Final Fantasy XIII.

So, this game feels different from the previous entries, because there is a lot of technology going on in the world, instead of medieval and fantasy settings. Usually I enjoy stuff like castles, towers, grasslands, villages, and swords much more than sci-fi stuff but FF13 is different, I'm enjoying it a lot. This may sound controversial to a lot of people, but I'm putting this one in my list of favorite Final Fantasy games.

So my new list will be IV > VII > IX > XIII,