Are you hyped for Final Fantasy XVI

Yes 19 46.34%

Maybe 9 21.95%

No 13 31.71%

Total:41

Who remembers grinding at golden saucer to get the omnislash move for cloud
?

Around the Network

FFXII is probably my favorite one though FFVII and FFX come close. I still have to play XV, though, and never beat VIII.

I have played and beat every mainline entry (well except for XIV I never played that) and each game I have pretty much completed 100%.

My favorite game in the series is 1) VII, 2) V, 3) VIII

我是广州人

dane007 said:

?

This place reminds me of the Chocobo Racing minigame.

dane007 said:

?

I remember doing all the chocobo racing, breeding, and save-scumming to get a gold chocobo.

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:
pmaster4 said:

Recently started playing FF12. The only other FF I played were 4 on the DS and 7. The thing is I find the espers useless and wondering if I should continue to find the others, currently have 7. I also agree that the Cúchulainn fight was challenging.

Cool, which ones do you have so far? Belias, Mateus and Cúchulainn should be obvious, what else?

The espers are basically sidequests. If you're into that kind of thing they and their locations might tell you little backstories that can enlarge the scope of your time in Ivalice a bit. Using them in battle is indeed rather unnecessary, most of the times you'll have many more efficient ways to deal with the enemies. But I like the lore behind them, the link to star signs, the fact that every one of them represents a different element, and the connection to other creaturs of the Final Fantasy series. Did you know that some of them are references to final bosses of the first five games?

So far I have Belias, Mateus, Adrammelech, Zalera, Shemhazai, Cúchulainn, Exodus and I picked up Hashmal last night.

I’ve done pretty much everything in XII except Yiaxmat and Omega. And the trials. I have all the Espers. 

VII was my first ever platinum trophy. I still rebought it on Switch just to see it on Nintendo hardware. I just wish they’d released a cartridge version. One of Sony’s FF7 ads in 1997 made fun of Nintendo for losing FF7 on N64. That would kind of bring things full circle. 

V-r0cK said:

I really wish Tetsuya Nomura stayed on the project as I feel it would've been different and better overall, and better executed, since the current FFXV game we have now the main story and DLC are all over the place. I know it will never happen but I'd love it if Nomura could released his version of the game whether as FF Versus XV? or even as a book? ...We got the Snyder Cut for Justice League so why not this lol

I mean, we have some leaks of Versus XIII's original storyline and it is... kind of worse?

FFXV had the problem of advertising one game (with the invasion and all) that never came out due to time and budget constraints, and I don't think having Nomura at the helm would be much better.

pmaster4 said:
GoOnKid said:

Cool, which ones do you have so far? Belias, Mateus and Cúchulainn should be obvious, what else?

The espers are basically sidequests. If you're into that kind of thing they and their locations might tell you little backstories that can enlarge the scope of your time in Ivalice a bit. Using them in battle is indeed rather unnecessary, most of the times you'll have many more efficient ways to deal with the enemies. But I like the lore behind them, the link to star signs, the fact that every one of them represents a different element, and the connection to other creaturs of the Final Fantasy series. Did you know that some of them are references to final bosses of the first five games?

So far I have Belias, Mateus, Adrammelech, Zalera, Shemhazai, Cúchulainn, Exodus and I picked up Hashmal last night.

Nice job! Only a few left.

I love Hashmals design, he is so cool.

I played all except lightning returns my favourite is XII, haven't seen enough from XVI to get hyped yet