By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox will catch up to Playstation this generation

Xbox will catch up to playstation this generation

Agree 28 21.21%

Disagree 104 78.79%

Total:132

While Xbox will probably shorten the gap this gen, it won't be enough to catch up to Playstation. At this point, I'm expecting ~110M for the pS5 and ~70M for the XS

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said: So the idea that "hAlF tHe DaY oNe GaMeZ r RaTeD bAd" is factually incorrect.

The problem is: the facts don't really matter when it comes to the "feeling of" it. Heck, I got fired because my boss had "the "feeling" that I was working less remotely even if I had a timesheet showing 2-3 extra hours each time I was working from home.

And the Switch is apparently known for having most of its games as sub-20fps/slideshow even if over 4000 games the console has you can barely name games that runs this poor. But that's the feeling of it.

See my point ?

Xbox may win, but not hardware wise. With the streaming stick, Xbox will surpass Sony, but not in the traditional sense of the word.

SKMBlake said:

The problem is: the facts don't really matter

Apparently to some, they really don’t ?‍♂️

LudicrousSpeed said:
SKMBlake said:

The problem is: the facts don't really matter

Apparently to some, they really don’t 🤷‍♂️

Around the Network

I think the loss of interest in europe for xbox, is going to get in the way of xbox catching up to playstation. The series x would need to gain traction in Europe to compete with ps5. 

curl-6 said:

I like Xbox as a brand; I enjoyed the original Xbox, the 360 is my #3 console of all time, and though the Xbone never appealed to me, the Series feels like it has real potential, and I am seriously considering getting one in the future.

I also believe competition is good for the industry and so I want to see them do well.

But nothing I've seen so far indicates to me that they have a snowball's chance in hell of catching the PS5. Heck, at this point, I'll be measuring their success by how much they outsell the Xbone.

Probably the only reasonable post in the whole thread, if I'm being honest. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

And just to point out that even if GP turns out to go and make waves on smartphones, tvs and the like, that will more likely reduce sales from Series than give them sales.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

And just to point out that even if GP turns out to go and make waves on smartphones, tvs and the like, that will more likely reduce sales from Series than give them sales.

That's true, but it could bring more sales to consoles as well. Having Game Pass on so many devices brings more exposer to the brand and if someone really enjoys playing XYZ on Game Pass via Xcloud, they might think about investing in buy an a Xbox or PC to play those games natively. It's hard to tell until we are at least a couple years into this vision MS is currently working on. 

smroadkill15 said:
DonFerrari said:

That's true, but it could bring more sales to consoles as well. Having Game Pass on so many devices brings more exposer to the brand and if someone really enjoys playing XYZ on Game Pass via Xcloud, they might think about investing in buy an a Xbox or PC to play those games natively. It's hard to tell until we are at least a couple years into this vision MS is currently working on. 

Sure, it isn`t impossible that if GP sells gangbuster on Smartphones, PC, TV, etc it ends up making Series selling more, but I think there is more possibility of it impacting the sales negatively (the biggest atraction of GP is expending less money, pay 10 bucks a month to have all the library, instead of buying a 500 USD box).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."