Germany 2 $40.00 22.22%

Italy 0 $0.00 0%

Netherlands 1 $69.00 11.11%

Portugal 0 $0.00 0%

Spain 0 $0.00 0%

Other 0 $0.00 0%

Totals: 9 $2,559.00  
Game closed: 06/10/2021

It's coming Rome. Never liked how this Italian squad played, honestly, the tournament in general felt poor. The fact that England reached the final tells you everything. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Congratulations to Italy! All Europe rooted for you and you played leagues better! And this is coming from a guy who usually hates italian football.

England deserves to lose just for their disgusting fans alone but it's pretty clear that they also couldn't hold a candle against the spaghettis.

The game changed so much when the formation for England changed and Shaw no longer pushed up, he was superb before then. We didn't press enough after the first goal and defended and let Italy dictate the second half entirely.

Losing on pens sucks too but alas, in the end the better team won.

Hmm, pie.

I'm happy with this outcome. Also, I have no complaints about how Italy won either, which I'm happy about, unlike in the match between England and Denmark (which supposedly was going England's way anyway, but the way they won it was questionable).

Been supporting England since the begginning, its a shame they lost after been so close.
What Shouthgate did was unforgivable, it doesnt matter everything good he did in the tournament.
- You just don bring two guys with mere seconds in the game to go for the most important penalty kicks in History for England
- You dont bring two guys to do it and at the same time they are young kids with almost no experience in situations like this. You had players with a lot of experience and used to the heat of the game. No matter how good those kids were in trainning penalty kicks. Their attempts were horrible, even disrespectful.
- You dont make your 5th kick to be from a Kid that never kicked a penalty kick in his professional career. 19 years old. And he is not even a good player.
That one was on Southgate. I have no idea why he made such a decision, its almost like he prefered to prove a point instead of winning. Poor kids.

Around the Network

Thank you Italy for putting down those jerks! Europe is with you.

Italy won so I’m happy.

First half was England’s, second was Italy’s, extra time was pretty level. I’d have given Italy a bigger chance in the shootouts, but it was darn close. Even as a neutral viewer, sure, with a preference for Italy but I would have slept fine all the same, this was quite tense. The English crowd was annoying, boo-ing every time Italy took the ball. I was glad when Italy scored because that shut them up.

The English made a decisive mistake with their penalty lineup. Bringing in fresh people who have barely warmed up only to take a penalty kick is dangerous. Still though, their misses are completely due to their stupid run ups. If a player does all these dumb hops before shooting he always misses. It’s pretty funny actually, because you can tell he’ll miss from a mile away, but I don’t get why players don’t just shoot and leave the stupid theatrics. Look at Maguire, the second English taker, there was no way the Italian goalie could stop that.

The biggest mistake though was having a youngster take the final deciding kick. There was no way he would be able to withstand the enormous pressure at that moment. 55 years of misery, and it’s up to you to end that. All or nothing. Eternal glory or doom. His heart-rate must’ve been like 200. The Italian before him already buckled. Poor Saka, he’ll have a penalty-trauma for the rest of his career.

Italy looking at the tournament overal I’d say is the most deserving champion. They have been great at times. Finals can go either way, but the best team won.

Finally, I’ll say the format of playing all over Europe this time sucked. I hope they never do that again, and stick to the familiar singular host country or set of neighboring hosts if they are too small. This goes for the World Cup as well, 2026 will be US/Canada/Mexico. What? All those can surely host it alone just fine. It’ll suck.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 12 July 2021

Without even mentioning the semi-final controversies, and "home advantage" across the whole tournament 

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/england-euro-2021-wembley-advantage-massive-ben-chilwell-b940089.html
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/10/fa-fined-for-laser-incident-schmeichel-anthem-boos-fireworks-denmark-england-euro-2020-semi-final-uefa

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/sterling-penalty-england-euro-2020-former-fifa-referee-meier/me9q9arm8rws1m1m99jgdpqit

English fans pretty much ruined this game for me.

From setting off fireworks at 2AM where Italy team slept ahead of the final

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/england-italy-euro-2020-fireworks-24510763

Hooligan behaviour 

Disrespecting Italian flag 

Storming the stadium 

Violence 

Booing national anthems 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1461322/England-fans-boo-Italian-national-anthem-Euro-2020-final-Gareth-Southgate-Gary-Lineker

To racist abuse, targeting English players themselves, where it got so bad that the FA and flipping prime minister had to step in.

What a sh**show! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57800431

EnricoPallazzo said:

Been supporting England since the begginning, its a shame they lost after been so close.
What Shouthgate did was unforgivable, it doesnt matter everything good he did in the tournament.
- You just don bring two guys with mere seconds in the game to go for the most important penalty kicks in History for England
- You dont bring two guys to do it and at the same time they are young kids with almost no experience in situations like this. You had players with a lot of experience and used to the heat of the game. No matter how good those kids were in trainning penalty kicks. Their attempts were horrible, even disrespectful.
- You dont make your 5th kick to be from a Kid that never kicked a penalty kick in his professional career. 19 years old. And he is not even a good player.
That one was on Southgate. I have no idea why he made such a decision, its almost like he prefered to prove a point instead of winning. Poor kids.

Aren't you clueless /facepalm.

I did root for Italy but I'm so pissed off Southgate put Bukayo in that situation. And the racial abuse towards him, Sancho and Rashford on twitter is disgusting. What kind of an asshole does that?

KiigelHeart said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Aren't you clueless /facepalm.

I did root for Italy but I'm so pissed off Southgate put Bukayo in that situation. And the racial abuse towards him, Sancho and Rashford on twitter is disgusting. What kind of an asshole does that?

Its just my opinion, hopefully I dont need some science experiment of a full set of statistics to say it. I hope he becomes a great player in the future. As for I what I have seem, nope, not good.