By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 21, 2021 - (May 17 - May 23)

IcaroRibeiro said:
Agente42 said:

So the third party sell better on switch x ps4, but will launch in ps5 exclusive because of no rational reason. The instal base, the Japanese market dominance, the worldwide success. This not count, only count the PS5, because no rational reason.

Switch in 2023 maybe have 140+M instal base and the ps5 only maybe 55M, why I will lose 140 million user base and all local market?

It's the dumbest decision ever.

Multiplatform is a rational decision.(PC, Switch, PS5, Xbox)

or Switch exclusive.

the rest is the Nagoshi craziness realm. 

The main point of my arguments is DQ to be released in as much systems as possible even if it means making a tailor made version for Switch like they did with DQ 11 and 3DS. So... I think you actually agree with me? 

The problem with the "tailor-made" switch version = second-class citizen treatment.  Nobody wants this, an inferior version. The multiplatform with Switch the base is a better solution and treats all consumers equally. The ps5-pc-Xbox is an enhanced version of the Switch version 

Square-Enix may go for Nagoshi craziness and forget all rational thinking, the route of implosion, let's see. 

Around the Network
Agente42 said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

The main point of my arguments is DQ to be released in as much systems as possible even if it means making a tailor made version for Switch like they did with DQ 11 and 3DS. So... I think you actually agree with me? 

The problem with the "tailor-made" switch version = second-class citizen treatment.  Nobody wants this, an inferior version. The multiplatform with Switch the base is a better solution and treats all consumers equally. The ps5-pc-Xbox is an enhanced version of the Switch version 

Square-Enix may go for Nagoshi craziness and forget all rational thinking, the route of implosion, let's see. 

I wouldn't say it treats all consumers equally if PS5 is only getting an enhanced Switch port. PS4 also got plenty of Vita ports and they were all clearly built around much weaker harder. Any AAA game being developed for Switch as the lead platform will standout against native PS5 content. Not saying it shouldn't be developed with Switch as the lead platform but thats just the reality. Which ever platform is picked as the lead, the other platform gets a less optimised experience. And the Switch version will inherently be an inferior version unless its made to be a different version.

Otter said:
Agente42 said:

I wouldn't say it treats all consumers equally if PS5 is only getting an enhanced Switch port. PS4 also got plenty of Vita ports and they were all clearly built around much weaker harder. Any AAA game being developed for Switch as the lead platform will standout against native PS5 content. Not saying it shouldn't be developed with Switch as the lead platform but thats just the reality. Which ever platform is picked as the lead, the other platform gets a less optimised experience. And the Switch version will inherently be an inferior version unless its made to be a different version.

The focus may be the market leader, the multiplatform solution was to maximize this strategy,  and not treat Sony better than Nintendo. The market leader in the Nintendo Switch now, not Ps5. Worldwide sales Switch may surpass the Ps4 in less than 2 years. Have other points, Japan software disastrous, for PS5. Base Switch software is a better solution for the multiplatform base because don't treat market leader likewise second citizen treatment and brings the SAME version of all the videogame, equally. Besides hardware power excuses. The argument AAA it's not AAA because the console are more powerful once valid for Sony and not PC when PC is far stronger, last generation. Or Xbox X. Ps4 is base because was the market leader there, not because is more stronger. PC are far stronger than Ps4. 

theDX said:
curl-6 said:

So is 2 games still the most that PS5 has had in the top 30 since it's release, so did I miss a week when it had more?

5 at launch?

Okay, but what about outside of launch week?