By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Sony reconsider its default £70 AAA policy?

Erm, wait for sale? Cannot remember the last time I paid full whack for a video game. I pay £30 max, then again I work more than I game, wouldn't shed a tear if the hobby disappeared to be honest.

Around the Network

They can do whatever they want. Ill just buy games when they are on sale.

I don't own a PS5 yet but when I saw the price of some games I thought it was a mistake, it's killed any incentive to try and pick one up early at the very least. If the price tag stays I wont be buying any games day 1.

Did Nintendo stop selling overpriced three years old games?

most likely no.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

They can do whatever they want. Ill just buy games when they are on sale.

Usually a strong strategy...but so far 6 months in first party games like Miles, Demon Souls and Sackboy at least in USA haven't seen even a $10 off sales price.  That includes the PS4 versions of Sackboy and Miles.  We have a "days of play" sale on PS5 games coming up soon and I'm hoping to see some discounts.  I expect sales will come, but hopefully we don't have to wait 6+ months for a sale, where in the past we only had to wait a few weeks until the first sale. 

Hynad said:

No, but thats not the topic here.

KLXVER said:
Hynad said:

No, but thats not the topic here.

That kinda is similar. The overpriced older games from Nintendo (even port from last gen) se well enough that Nintendo don`t cut and gamers are happy with that, this new price seem to not have severely impacted sales of the games from Sony so they likely won`t go back as well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

With 8 million PS5’s WW and a niche genre. How much sales some people expected for Returnal??

Launch seems to be alright, even if the game does LT 1-2 million units I reckon both Sony and Housemarque will be extremely happy.

About OP, I don’t think they will, Rift Apart seems that it will do extremely high numbers.

kazuyamishima said:

With 8 million PS5’s WW and a niche genre. How much sales some people expected for Returnal??

Launch seems to be alright, even if the game does LT 1-2 million units I reckon both Sony and Housemarque will be extremely happy.

About OP, I dont think they will, Rift Apart seems that it will do extremely high numbers.

For sure, I wasn't speaking across the board but for titles like Returnal which is obviously more niche and less high budget.

Expectations for the title are interesting, Openning was strong but the fall of seems necessarily steep in my opinion especially for a week of boosted PS5 hardware. One thing that may be telling of how performance is perceived internally is how quickly the software is discounted on PSN and whether it stays discounted for longer periods than other titles. Something I'll be keeping an eye on.