By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Sales Comparison Charts April 2021 Discussion Thread

Will be interesting to see how far XBS can extend it's lead over XOne.
If everything continues like now XBS will have no issue in outselling the XOne.

Around the Network

I think the real test for Xbox Series will come when the early adoption phase ends and we see if it can build up a strong enough library to sell to the general consumer.

A lot will hinge on two things I think; (a) if they can return Halo to form and (b) if Bethesda's big games like the next Elder Scrolls and Doom really are console exclusives and not just timed.

Switch has a permanent lead on the Wii. That was Wii's last decent December.

The Switch will beat the Wii in November or December, no chance it doesn't happen this year.

So Switch very likely will sell more before Month 60 (turning 5 years old) than Wii Lifetime. Amazing.
Still Wii sold very good for like 50 Month.

Month 50:
DS Total Sales: 93,390,710
Switch Total Sales: 84,880,177
Total Combined PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 Sales: 84,145,976
Wii Total Sales: 81,905,546
PlayStation 4 Total Sales: 73,635,516

Around the Network

April aligned with the Wii's 2010 December right?
In that case, this should be the last month Wii gains on Switch.

Just tanked the NDS's biggest month. NDS will sell ~27.3M over its next 12 months. I believe the NSW will outperform that figure in its next 12.

At this rate I feel like the PS to Xbox ratio this gen is gonna be pretty similar to last gen. Hopes of a closer contest look very unlikely now.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 19 May 2021

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

At this rate I feel like the PS to Xbox ratio this gen is gonna be pretty similar to last gen. Hopes of a closer contest look very unlikely now.

I am expecting the race to be a bit closer. Somewhere between the PS3 vs 360, which was basically a tie and the PS4 and XOne which was more than 2:1 in favor of the PS4. I am guessing 70-80m for the XS and 100-110m for the PS5. 

I wish I had your faith in MS/Xbox; personally I expect it'll still end up around 2:1, as I haven't seen anything so far to show that the Xbox Series will gain significant ground on Playstation.

curl-6 said:

This contest is way to early to call.  Neither one has released any significant exclusives for their system yet.  Both are basically selling on backwards compatibility and cross-gen releases.