By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Over 25 Projects in Development at Playstation Studios, Half of Them Are New IP's

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6798703055249534976/

This comment makes it sound like the 25+ projects in development are strictly first party games. 

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

Curious, is that including the few games already released from the 25 or starting from now? 25 is a lot of titles coming out from now if so.

Why would he list titles that already released as in development?

Depends when the 25 number was confirmed. If he was referring to the start of the year or now.

For example Returnal just released, if that is included or not included.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 15 May 2021

PotentHerbs said:

This comment makes it sound like the 25+ projects in development are strictly first party games. 

let's see. if half are cross-gen, it's good for me. 

Agente42 said:
PotentHerbs said:

Wishful thinking on your part. 

twintail said:
PotentHerbs said:

I believe 3rd party relations is more related to stuff like FF7R and Forspoken. Not stuff that is a Sony IP (regardless of the dev)

That's insane if that is true. Games like Forspoken, Pragmata, FF16, etc on top of those 25+ projects.

Edit: Most likely true since 25+ projects would be way to low if they counted everything. 

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 15 May 2021

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:
Agente42 said:

Wishful thinking on your part. 

sony doesn't promise three years of cross-gen?

PotentHerbs said:
twintail said:

I believe 3rd party relations is more related to stuff like FF7R and Forspoken. Not stuff that is a Sony IP (regardless of the dev)

That's insane if that is true. Games like Forspoken, Pragmata, FF16, etc on top of those 25+ projects.

Edit: Most likely true since 25+ projects would be way to low if they counted everything. 

I believe it's all first-party launch in the next three or four years to come. 

7-9 first-party launch/year is a good amount. 

25 simultaneous projects !? Very impressive! I wonder how many "1st party" games (and partnerships with sony as a publisher) will we see in this generation. Given that news, and comments from Jim Ryan about making more exclusive than ever before, I imagine that +30 is almost guaranteed during the generation. It is also worth remembering that Sony has been focusing a lot on AAA games and grandiose productions, so it is reasonable to believe that most of these games will be in this category.

+30 more games published / produced by playstation studios and partners, add "X" Japanese games that "by tradition/historically" will be exclusive to playstation.
Yes, it seems to me that PS5 is going to be extremely rich in exclusives.

Leynos said:

So no Omega Boost remake? Funding a ZOE3? I hope it's no more end of the world in the forest games.

Just let it go you don't want to end up bitter and twisted like @BraLoD with his fixation on some old jrpg, besides the time taken to make Omega Boost would mean one less car in GT7 and lead to a bad case of road rage resulting in you being run over, so hopefully you can see that continuing down this path only leads to death or even worse becoming like BraLoD.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
Leynos said:

So no Omega Boost remake? Funding a ZOE3? I hope it's no more end of the world in the forest games.

Just let it go you don't want to end up bitter and twisted like @BraLoD with his fixation on some old jrpg, besides the time taken to make Omega Boost would mean one less car in GT7 and lead to a bad case of road rage resulting in you being run over, so hopefully you can see that continuing down this path only leads to death or even worse becoming like BraLoD.

I'm 32 feet tall and weigh 9000 pounds of titanium. Cars are empty soda cans to me.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!