By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Donkey Kong Game Being made by EPD Team

I really hope this one is true. E3 can't come soon enough!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

3D please!

Dulfite said:
FloatingWaffles said:

well the article does say they've heard it's gonna be 2.5D not 3D

should be amazing either way tho 

I know, that's why I said "something that isn't just a 2-d game". That was acknowledging that it would be more than 2-d, which 2.5d would be.

What ... 

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Returns are 2.5d. 

Did you think they'd revert back to the graphics of the Donkey Kong arcade game for no real reason or something? 

Dulfite said:

Don't expect the "Country" moniker to return, as EPD Tokyo are not interested in making a sequel to games they didn't make. Diddy, Cranky and the Kremling Krew should all be returning in this installment.

Was this juxtaposition on purpose, or...?

gtotheunit91 said:

Has there ever been a mainline in-house DK game other than the original arcade games?? Original trilogy and DK 64 were Rare with DKC Returns/Tropical Freeze being Retro. I'd be VERY interested to see what Nintendo is capable of if this true! I would prefer it to be a 3D game, but I'll always take a brand new DK game!

Donkey Kong 94 on the Gameboy.

Zippo is the least believable insider ever but i think Nate mentioned it on his podcast and idk, it could make sense.

Around the Network

gtotheunit91 said:

Has there ever been a mainline in-house DK game other than the original arcade games?? Original trilogy and DK 64 were Rare with DKC Returns/Tropical Freeze being Retro. I'd be VERY interested to see what Nintendo is capable of if this true! I would prefer it to be a 3D game, but I'll always take a brand new DK game!

Jungle Beat was made by the Galaxy team, although that may not quality as mainline. Was awesome though. DK for Gameboy and the Mario vs DK games were made by Nintendo, and those were probably more faithful sequels to the original DK than the Country series.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

As long as EPD has SOMETHING for this year I'm happy.

I am down for another shot at a 3D Donkey Kong. I have fond memories of DK64 from my childhood, and only recently learned how divided people were on the game.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Should be interesting. DK64 was a clear huge misstep for the franchise. By far the worst of Nintendo's big games on N64. If it's 3D hopefully they've figured out how to make a good 3D DK game. If it's another 2D game hopefully they bring in some fresh ideas as I don't really feel like we need yet another DKC game (as good as they are).