By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resident Evil 8 launch performance- Ships + sells digitally over 3m copies first week

Otter said:
SvennoJ said:

I'm part of the crowd waiting to get a ps5. I'm out of disk space on my ps4 pro! Actually with RE8 I'll wait for a PSVR 2 version. PSVR got me back into resident evil, yet also made it pointless to play these kind of games without VR. It's about as immersive and scary as Tetris on a flat screen. FS2020 keeps me busy nowadays, 15% of airports visited so far (5600 out of 38000)

Its nice to know that this will have a relatively easy VR conversion graphically speaking. Turn ray tracying off and you've already got an 4k, 80-90fps PS5 experience without any real optimization in place, so I'm expecting a PSVR2 conversion will follow the headsets official reveal.

Yep, that's what I'm hoping for this gen. The focus on high frame rate and high resolution modes makes porting to VR a lot easier.

The latest leak is quite mouth watering
https://www.tomsguide.com/news/psvr-2-specs-leak-reveal-huge-upgrades-watch-out-oculus-quest-2

2000×2040 per eye, utilizing foveated rendering, inside-out tracking and haptics motor on the headset.

Slightly more than 4K (4000x2040 display) and ofcourse a much wider fov to render. However foveated rendering can cut back a lot on the GPU.

Unfortunately Sony still hasn't fixed their PSVR adapter request site for Canada, still doesn't accept my postal code. So no need for a PS5 until psvr 2 launches...

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:

Dusk Golem? LOL The guy who admitted to lying about PS5 RE8 performance struggling and had issues at 1080p because he thought Xbox news that week was too negative. That guy is now a fucking joke and has no credibility when it comes to Playstation skus or news. The 2 skus of this game are near identical but there is a 10% difference in fps with ray tracing during the lake scene area. That’s it. If Dusk Golem says anything in the future about how a Capcom game is running on Playstation hardware no one will believe that fraud ever again.

It was never proven that Dusk Golem lied about anything.

It's entirely possible, probably even very likely, that at some point RE8 was struggling even at 1080p on PS5. Optimization often happens late in a game's development cycle and unoptimized code can bring any machine to its knees.

Dusk clearly knows his stuff as he's demonstrated several times that he has reliable sources at Capcom.

Great sales.
Being cross gen should help it compete for the top spot. Especially since its an early gen release and should have legs on XBS and PS5.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

curl-6 said:
Blood_Tears said:

Dusk Golem? LOL The guy who admitted to lying about PS5 RE8 performance struggling and had issues at 1080p because he thought Xbox news that week was too negative. That guy is now a fucking joke and has no credibility when it comes to Playstation skus or news. The 2 skus of this game are near identical but there is a 10% difference in fps with ray tracing during the lake scene area. That’s it. If Dusk Golem says anything in the future about how a Capcom game is running on Playstation hardware no one will believe that fraud ever again.

It's entirely possible, probably even very likely, that at some point RE8 was struggling even at 1080p on PS5. Optimization often happens late in a game's development cycle and unoptimized code can bring any machine to its knees.

Dusk clearly knows his stuff as he's demonstrated several times that he has reliable sources at Capcom.

He came clean and admit it. From his own apology he said it was cuz sony was getting to much positive news that he lied. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
curl-6 said:

He came clean and admit it. From his own apology he said it was cuz sony was getting to much positive news that he lied. 

Can you provide a source to this?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
eva01beserk said:

He then got removed from being a mod or something from the site he was. Then tried to played the victim. 

I know theres a bunch more twits but I dont know how to get them as I took this from a forum post. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
curl-6 said:

He then got removed from being a mod or something from the site he was. Then tried to played the victim. 

I know theres a bunch more twits but I dont know how to get them as I took this from a forum post. 

That is not an admission of lying.

He shared a different perspective to the predominant view online, because he felt discourse was one-sided. Nothing wrong with that, and there's no proof what he said wasn't true.

curl-6 said:
eva01beserk said:

He shared a different perspective to the predominant view online, because he felt discourse was one-sided. Nothing wrong with that, and there's no proof what he said wasn't true.

Thats fine, at the time it might not be false, but he admitted himself that even he dint believe it but decided to share it anyways. Who does that? Did he even ask questions or anything? taking his admitted intent his goal was satisfied with the info provided so no more questions needed. That is the definition of fake news. 

eva01beserk said:
curl-6 said:

Thats fine, at the time it might not be false, but he admitted himself that even he dint believe it but decided to share it anyways. Who does that? Did he even ask questions or anything? taking his admitted intent his goal was satisfied with the info provided so no more questions needed. That is the definition of fake news. 

Where does he admit he didn't believe it? And whether he believed it personally or not shouldn't really matter if it's information from a source that he's passing on, I mean if a reliable insider said BOTW2 was coming out this year I'd share that info even if I personally may not believe it, because they might know better than me.

SvennoJ said:
Farsala said:

It is an awkward time to launch a game, so I am surprised it did pretty well.

Not really, half the world is still in lock down, nothing else to do.

I think April/May is still a bad time for most games and even most entertainment products. The console transition as well isn't great for producing stellar results.