By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How good is Mexican food ?

mZuzek said:

I hope y'all in this thread talking about Taco Bell realize that it reads pretty much like "yeah I like American food, McDonald's is the best!".

Not dissing on Taco Bell or anything, I don't know if it's good or not. Just saying.

You don't need to hope, I realize it. I'm just saying I prefer it over the real deal. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Mexican food is great, but I am partial being the child of a Mexican immigrant.

I also consider Chipotle restaurants to be some of the finest fast food you can get.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Has anyone tried the chain guzman y gomez?? It's a chain that started in australia and entere the usa 2 years ago. It's fast food, but natural fresh ingredients , and is supposed to be closer to the real thing. Just wondering how it taco bell compares to it, since I can't find a taco bell yet over here

I lived in San Diego and LA in my youth. Spent time in Florida as well. They all share a commonality in Mexican food. Once you've had authentic Mexican food, your life will change. Being Italian, I'm constantly reminded of how prideful my people are for being recognized as having the finest cuisine in the world (sorry not sorry France) but in my honest opinion, Mexican food is in a league of it's own.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

Mexican food is decent but Mexican candy is yuck and terrible. Mexican beer is also not that good.

Around the Network
Metallox said:

You been to Tijuana? I've been twice to CDMX and I never tried tacos there. Thing is, there were only styles I don't like, like al vapor, barbacoa, pastor, canasta, and so on. When it comes to meat, I pretty much prefer it when it's marinated with orange juice or another standard seasoning. Then I like to have tacos with roast meat, coriander and onion. That's it, so yeah, not much of a taco guy myself. I did have the best corte de arrachera I have ever eaten in El Cardenal, in the Centro Histórico, though, I cannot stress enough how well prepared it was. 

Yes, I've been to Tijuana, and I had tacos at some place that is very hyped up internationally, Franc, or something like that. They were great, but I've had better tacos in Mexico City, no question about that. You could also see it as a matter of numbers, 95% of Mexico City's population has access to at least one taco place within a radius of approx 1/3 mile (400 m). With that many taco places, you're almost certain that you'll find something better in CDMX.

You should try cochinita, it's pork marinated with achiote and orange juice, it is served with a fresh salsa made of purple onions and habanero marinated in vinegar and salt. I've never tried Taco Bell myself, there is no such thing in Mexico City. Next time I go to the US I'll try them, but, as far as I can tell, Taco Bell seems as Mexican as Sushi.

Bolded: I've never been to that place, thanks for the heads up mate, I'll be there soon.

Last edited by DragonRouge - on 07 May 2021

dx11332sega said:
Jpcc86 said:

Tacos, burritos, mole, enchiladas, cochinita, papadzules, chilaquiles, you name it. Mexican food is 10/10.
Real mexican food that is. Not the TacoBell/Chipotle attempt at it.

Burritos are californians I think?

They probably started in northern Mexico (Ciudad Juarez is often thrown around), although admittedly no one is entirely sure. But the version that most folks are familiar with probably started in LA (although again no one is entirely sure either).

badskywalker said:

I love real mexican food, be wary in the United States though, the only places I've been that have good Mexican food in the states are the Southwest Region, everywhere else isn't as good as that particular region.

Note: I am talking resteraunt, not fast food.

Yeah, while I'm sure there are strays here and there, I've yet to have good Mexican food in the US outside the southwest. Basically, if it wasn't part of Mexico before, the odds of success are quite low.

Real Mexican food is bomb, best places to get it are in Texas and California

PortisheadBiscuit said:

And Mexico.

Mostly Mexico. 

Jpcc86 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

And Mexico.

Mostly Mexico. 

Ha, should've quote proofed my post by indicating best places in the U.S. Though, I thought that would've gone without saying lol