By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How good is Mexican food ?

How good is it? It’s a 10/10 no doubt.

If you have the chance try: tacos, enchiladas, chilaquiles rojos, gorditas de chicharrón prensado, mole, coloradito, chichilo, memelas, tlayudas, tostadas, carne asada/frita, sopes, garnachas, tortas, birria, barbacoa, pozole.

Defo have to try tejate, dulces regionales, nicuatole, pozontle, pozol, nieves de sabores.

You would gain several pounds and have so much left to try. lol

edit how could I forgot about queso and quesillo.

Around the Network

I'm something of an enigma as I don't really dig certain Mexican food staples like guac, tomatoes/picco, and not too crazy about beans - though somewhat into refried. But I do love certain dishes as long as they exclude (or mostly exclude those). Love me a good burrito, enchiladas, beef tacos, and queso.

So a mixed bag for me, but the stuff I like I REALLY like. Burritoes (along with pizza and maybe bacon) are one of the few foods I'm just always in the mood for and can have at any time of just about any day.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

My second fav cuisine after lebanese food. I'm not talking taco bell shit, but authentic mexican. Real authentic tacos, burritos, quesdadilas, mexican breakfast, moles, temales , among the best food i've eaten. 

I love real mexican food, be wary in the United States though, the only places I've been that have good Mexican food in the states are the Southwest Region, everywhere else isn't as good as that particular region.

Note: I am talking resteraunt, not fast food.

Last edited by badskywalker - on 06 May 2021

Mexican cuisine is considered as intangible cultural heritage of the world by UNESCO. It's so much more than tacos, there are over 60 types of tacos in Mexico and that's just the tip of the iceberg. There's, for example, mole negro, a salsa that has close to a 100 ingredients and usually takes 3 days to prepare. There's stews such as pozole and birria. There´s seafood and mexican barbeque (sheep meat wrapped around a plant called maguey and slow cooked in a underground oven).Also, Mexico is the country with the largest variety of sweet bread in the world. It's insane.

If you try authentic Mexican food in the country where you live, it will be great. If you try it in Mexico, it'll be the best thing to ever happen to you.

Around the Network
DragonRouge said:

Mexican cuisine is considered as intangible cultural heritage of the world by UNESCO. It's so much more than tacos, there are over 60 types of tacos in Mexico and that's just the tip of the iceberg. There's, for example, mole negro, a salsa that has close to a 100 ingredients and usually takes 3 days to prepare. There's stews such as pozole and birria. There´s seafood and mexican barbeque (sheep meat wrapped around a plant called maguey and slow cooked in a underground oven).Also, Mexico is the country with the largest variety of sweet bread in the world. It's insane.

If you try authentic Mexican food in the country where you live, it will be great. If you try it in Mexico, it'll be the best thing to ever happen to you.

The best tacos of the country are considered to be in Tijuana, where I live... and they're ok. But I prefer Taco Bell 1000 times more. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
DragonRouge said:

The best tacos of the country are considered to be in Tijuana, where I live... and they're ok. But I prefer Taco Bell 1000 times more. 

As a native of Mexico City, I beg to differ sooooo much.

DragonRouge said:
Metallox said:

I second this sentiment wholeheartedly

DragonRouge said:
Metallox said:

You been to Tijuana? I've been twice to CDMX and I never tried tacos there. Thing is, there were only styles I don't like, like al vapor, barbacoa, pastor, canasta, and so on. When it comes to meat, I pretty much prefer it when it's marinated with orange juice or another standard seasoning. Then I like to have tacos with roast meat, coriander and onion. That's it, so yeah, not much of a taco guy myself. I did have the best corte de arrachera I have ever eaten in El Cardenal, in the Centro Histórico, though, I cannot stress enough how well prepared it was. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

mZuzek said:

I hope y'all in this thread talking about Taco Bell realize that it reads pretty much like "yeah I like American food, McDonald's is the best!".

Not dissing on Taco Bell or anything, I don't know if it's good or not. Just saying.

I'm learning something great here.

If possible I wanted you to put an image

though.