By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is Your Opinion on Drinking Water?

Tagged games:

I don't really like it but you know your body needs it. I bring a bottle of water with me when I'm commuting or traveling. I filter and boil my water. Its clean and better for the environment than (packaged) bottled water. Also having less plastic on consumed stuff is better for ones health. I have a cup of hot water/jasmine tea after I have dinner to 'de-grease' myself of all the oils and fat from foods xP

Clean free running water should be available to everyone. Sadly, its not the case and some less fortunate countries don't have access to it. Its where certain illnesses can come from contaminated waters.

Last edited by hinch - on 05 May 2021

Around the Network

I drink 2 liter alcaline water a day, produced by a water ionizer for 10 years. The temperature is like cold water you get out of the faucet.

I'm drinking water since I'm a little child. It's the most refreshing of every drink. I don't like carbonic acid and I'm only drinking something different if I'm at a restaurant or visiting friends.

I drink water, try to keep about 4L a day, on work I keep a bottle, at home I have to remember to go all the time to kitchen.
Don't care about brand and yes we filter because it is always a possibility of poor plumbing along the way.
Lack of arability of clean water is really problematic and undesirable.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ah yes, the dreaded "drinking water" thread. Every forum has one of these. It always ends in a big fight.

I drink around 2 - 2.5lts daily of bottled water. Other than that I only drink natural fruit juice and coffee/tea.
I try to avoid coke/pepsi/fanta and all kinds of sodas - except carbonated water, cause I need it for whisky, rum and stuff.

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:

Ah yes, the dreaded "drinking water" thread. Every forum has one of these. It always ends in a big fight.

I drink around 2 - 2.5lts daily of bottled water. Other than that I only drink natural fruit juice and coffee/tea.
I try to avoid coke/pepsi/fanta and all kinds of sodas - except carbonated water, cause I need it for whisky, rum and stuff.

Coffee and Tea is flavored water, natural fruit juice is usually made from concentrate plus water. Whisky, rum and stuff contain water :)

Water fights are fun!

Do you like drinking water? How is your palette? Can you distinguish between different water tastes?
I mostly drink water nowadays but not exclusively. I like that it's cheap and there's no aftertaste (especially when I'm going to bed). Also no I absolutely cannot distinguish between different waters at least when they're bottled. Obviously some tap waters have a strong chlorine taste.

Do you drink bottled water? If so, what is your favorite brand?
Mostly bottled (sparkling water) but when I'm washing hands, I usually drink some tap water as well. Brand doesn't matter to me as long as it's cheap and the water is from a nearby source. Most higher priced brands have inferior quality (mostly lack of minerals) and have to be shipped from distant places.

What are your water drinking habits? How much water do you drink per day?
I'm a very conservative drinker. Maybe 1L of water a day and a glass of juice or bottle of beer.

Do you filter tap water? Do you carry a water bottle around with you?
Tap water is excellent in Germany so no real point in filtering it. I carry a bottle to work and a smaller one (0.5L) when I'm going for a longer walk.

What temperature do you like your drinking water?
room temparature mostly and out of the fridge on hot summer days.

What are your thoughts about the lack of access to clean drinking water in many parts of the world?
It sucks, I guess?

I don't mind tap as long as it isn't very cloudy. And I'm glad I don't have well water. I enjoy sparkling water a lot.

Water is a human right as well. It's awful how so many places in the world have water shortages.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Jpcc86 said:

Well there have been several water threads here.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Jpcc86 said:

Well there have been several water threads here.

Yeah, but this is the best one so far. The other water threads were very focused on non-water issues.