By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Has Vgchartz gotten boring?

Dulfite said:

I find this thread boring.

It is very boring. Do you have anything that can spice it up?



Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network

nvm

Last edited by kirby007 - on 04 May 2021

 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Moving on
Last edited by Eagle367 - on 04 May 2021

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:
Moving on

cheers man

also fuck the pigs



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Eagle367 said:
Dulfite said:

I find this thread boring.

It is very boring. Do you have anything that can spice it up?

*Insert controversial statement*

*Insert VGchartz response (troll + moderation/ban)



Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

VGC is one of the most negative sites I've ever used so much so I requested a permaban awhile back (only came back for 1 or 2 threads) and can honestly say it was a mistake coming back. This site has always been arguments first discussion second the only difference now is the quality of threads have fallen off a cliff.

I'm kinda in a similar thread in this regards. It's been a long time since I felt I could actually have a real discussion comparing brands and games without everything being reported as bias or fanboyism or something. To make matters worse I'm not the only one who feels there's a clear bias by the moderation team to give preferential treatment to one brand over the other (Not gonna mention who or what since I'm not looking to start another fight). 

I recently saw someone get banned for an eyerolling gif...because they didn't elaborate on what about the prior statements they were objecting to. This person isn't even someone I like or agree with 90% of the time but I still thought it was absolutely ludicrous to get banned for that. 

It just doesn't feel like a place that fosters any semblance of real discussion unless it's unabashedly positive. And again, I find people are allowed to criticize some brands more than others. The same thing can be said about brands A and B, but as soon as something similar - no matter how well-reasoned and fair the statement is - you get banned or warned. There's a reason I don't participate in many discussions anymore, because the only ones I'm seemingly allowed to participate in are the ones dedicated to praising games. I even got banned from a subforum here because I was harshly critical of the brand - which I truly feel is dropping so many important balls I genuinely have no idea how they're still in the console market - and many members of this site (both moderation and user) seem to be weirdly positive towards this brand despite there being little to no positivity for this brand elsewhere. 

So basically, this site isn't as dynamic and engaging as it once was because the users and the mod staff seem to be heavily leaning towards one of the three major console brands. No way to prove it (and it's been discussed ad nauseum in the past), but that's the impression I and many others have gotten for a couple years now. It's kind of sad, but I have a weird nostalgia for the place so I'm trying to keep my best behaviour so I don't get permabanned for being too harshly critical of that same company that many users on this site seem to favour. 



My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

What can I say, we nerds can be boring sometimes. Try the clusterfuck that is resetera if VGC is too tame.



Ljink96 said:

What can I say, we nerds can be boring sometimes. Try the clusterfuck that is resetera if VGC is too tame.

 /!\ User banned (duration pending): Dismissive inflammatory commentary, history of similar behavior, account in junior phase



Pants are boring. I'm declaring VGChartz a no-pants zone! NO PANTS ALLOWED!



Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Runa216 said:
VersusEvil said:

VGC is one of the most negative sites I've ever used so much so I requested a permaban awhile back (only came back for 1 or 2 threads) and can honestly say it was a mistake coming back. This site has always been arguments first discussion second the only difference now is the quality of threads have fallen off a cliff.

I'm kinda in a similar thread in this regards. It's been a long time since I felt I could actually have a real discussion comparing brands and games without everything being reported as bias or fanboyism or something. To make matters worse I'm not the only one who feels there's a clear bias by the moderation team to give preferential treatment to one brand over the other (Not gonna mention who or what since I'm not looking to start another fight). 

I recently saw someone get banned for an eyerolling gif...because they didn't elaborate on what about the prior statements they were objecting to. This person isn't even someone I like or agree with 90% of the time but I still thought it was absolutely ludicrous to get banned for that. 

It just doesn't feel like a place that fosters any semblance of real discussion unless it's unabashedly positive. And again, I find people are allowed to criticize some brands more than others. The same thing can be said about brands A and B, but as soon as something similar - no matter how well-reasoned and fair the statement is - you get banned or warned. There's a reason I don't participate in many discussions anymore, because the only ones I'm seemingly allowed to participate in are the ones dedicated to praising games. I even got banned from a subforum here because I was harshly critical of the brand - which I truly feel is dropping so many important balls I genuinely have no idea how they're still in the console market - and many members of this site (both moderation and user) seem to be weirdly positive towards this brand despite there being little to no positivity for this brand elsewhere. 

So basically, this site isn't as dynamic and engaging as it once was because the users and the mod staff seem to be heavily leaning towards one of the three major console brands. No way to prove it (and it's been discussed ad nauseum in the past), but that's the impression I and many others have gotten for a couple years now. It's kind of sad, but I have a weird nostalgia for the place so I'm trying to keep my best behaviour so I don't get permabanned for being too harshly critical of that same company that many users on this site seem to favour. 

Oh how I could pick this post apart and give answers and opinions galore... but honestly it's a little too much effort and I feel it'd be taking us offtopic, so I'll just stick to the OP lol;

I don't really find that the site has gotten boring... some areas have definitely gotten more quiet, whereas on the flipside some areas have gotten more lively. For example my Nation thread has had quite the increase in posting recently, thanks in part to the user I'm quoting here lol. The only answer I can really give is that activity levels fluctuate throughout the year and as news comes and goes, which can lead to more or less discussions... but for the most part I'm fine with how things are, and have been, since it hasn't affected the areas of the site I visit.