By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unpopular gaming opnions

- rockstar games are average thanks to average gameplay and combat mechanics.
- Shadows of the Damned was one of the best games of its gen.
- NT are massively overrated as are their games.
- MS fans aren't really MS fans if they haven't asked for a new Otogi game.
- Shenmue 3 was amazing.
- Puppeteer is one of the best 2D platformers out there. Yes that means better than many 2D Mario ones.
- Light Gun games need a massive comeback.
- so do in rail shooters
- Burnout Paradise was the worst Burnout made.
- Vita failed because fans didn't support it, not because of the propriety memory card or Sony.
- Cats are better than dogs.

Around the Network

I really dont like behind the scenes from video game developers. I have no interest in listening to how they made the game. Sometimes they go further by celebrating themselves like the game they made is something more than a video game. Like having the actors play out a scene from the game on a stage like they did for TLOU. So much cringe.

Nintendo 64 is the worst console of its Generation. SEGA Saturn is a much better console with a larger and more varied library. N64 is only good for a Nintendo Audience and no one else. The system is riddled with mediocrity and poor games. After Nin/Rare there is a very small percentage of games even worth playing and not a platformer. Oh and Panzer Dragoon and ZWEII are better than StarFox.

Last edited by Leynos - on 01 May 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

-Super Smash Bros. has gotten better with each installment (if you count Wii U and 3DS as one game)
-EarthBound Beginnings (Mother) is a great game
-Gaming platforms should have an internet browser (looking at you Switch and PlayStation 5)
-Even as a guy who like physical media, I tend to prefer digital games. I'm not a fan of the DRM, though.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

With Timesplitters 2 HD secret cheat codes have been revealed, i loved Homefront The Revolution... It's a good piece of mediocre software.

Please send help!

Around the Network

Duke Nukem Forever wasn't actually that bad
FFXIII is a good game. FFXIII-2 was decent too.
For singleplayer games; linear >>>> open world
Camping and baiting is a legit strategy in competitive games
Super Mario 64 was a product of its time and a mediocre Mario game - respectfully, it was revolutionary in its era

Skyward Sword > Wind Waker and Twilight Princess

The weapon breaking system in Breath of the Wild is not bad and the game is well balanced around it (you'll never run out of weapons to use, even stronger ones, so it doesn't make sense to not to use your strong weapons).

RTS > turn based ones (I remeber trying Civilization out and it bored me to tears)

Tales of the Abyss > Tales of Symphonia and Vesperia

Final Fantasy VI, IX and XII > Final Fantasy VII

Last edited by Link_Nines.XBC - on 01 May 2021

Final Fantasy X is not that good and hasn't aged very well. Both in gameplay and story. Tales of Symphonia plagiarizes some of the base story elements and makes a much better story with them.

• Naughty Dog and Rockstar are insanely overrated.
  • Voice Chat is overrated.
  • Most of Sonys first party games are dull.
  • Diablo games are boring.
  • Resident Evil 6, Starfox Zero and Final Fantasy XIII got way too much hate.

-Jak and Daxter 1 is the only good Jak and Daxter game
-The Nintendo DS is Nintendo's worst handheld
-3D Zelda games are better than 2D Zelda games
-Buying a PS5 (and XSX) is pointless right now, and a big reason why Sony is breaking records right now is due to brand loyalty and FOMO.