By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft and Nintendo Working On Something

Microsoft buying Nintendo!

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:

PotentHerbs said:

I... cany believe I'm going to say this but... As a massive Nintendo fan and as a recent MS convert because of how gamer-friendly Gamepass is, and because of how well MS had handled not micro managing newly acquired studios into mediocrity like some companies do (EA)... I would actually love it if the following conditions were met:

- Nintendo retained complete independence, even more so than the Zenimax division.

- Nintendo retained control over all handheld/hybrid R&D going forward. This includes their own budgets based on revenue of just their games and consoles. MS would obviously get a cut of these (cause they now own them), but having separate finances will help Nintendo stay independent.

- Xbox Studios continues R&D on dedicated home consoles and all non-Nintendo games.

- An overarching team to make for every game could come to every platform that generation, even if it requires three different versions of Halo, Zelda, and Smash in order to release on Switch 2, Series S2 and Series X2.

- They issued a joint press conference where they laugh at Sony for 10 minutes.

Dulfite said:
PotentHerbs said:

I... cany believe I'm going to say this but... As a massive Nintendo fan and as a recent MS convert because of how gamer-friendly Gamepass is, and because of how well MS had handled not micro managing newly acquired studios into mediocrity like some companies do (EA)... I would actually love it if the following conditions were met:

- Nintendo retained complete independence, even more so than the Zenimax division.

- Nintendo retained control over all handheld/hybrid R&D going forward. This includes their own budgets based on revenue of just their games and consoles. MS would obviously get a cut of these (cause they now own them), but having separate finances will help Nintendo stay independent.

- Xbox Studios continues R&D on dedicated home consoles and all non-Nintendo games.

- An overarching team to make for every game could come to every platform that generation, even if it requires three different versions of Halo, Zelda, and Smash in order to release on Switch 2, Series S2 and Series X2.

Lmao.

Would love if Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie came to the Switch

Around the Network
Link_Nines.XBC said:

Would love if Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie came to the Switch

I would lose my mind! And if they remade them with modern graphics (not remaster, an actual remake) I would do unthinkable things.

Xcloud is a possibility, but I would rather see them collab on a game together like a new Banjo. Co-develop a game and have it release on Xbox, Switch, Game Pass, and PC. I'm okay with Xbox and Nintendo working together, but it really has only been one sided in this relationship.

Dulfite said:
PotentHerbs said:

They’re obviously not as immature and insecure as that, so it would never happen, regardless of the near complete impossibility of such a merger.

Last edited by Hynad - on 10 April 2021

Rare Collection on Switch would easily do a few million, Halo collection has potential to hit 10m. Would be easy money for MS and a great marketing for their brand

Otter said:

Rare Collection on Switch would easily do a few million, Halo collection has potential to hit 10m. Would be easy money for MS and a great marketing for their brand

Now that's an interesting proposition. I don't think this is going to happen any time soon, but just for argument's sake, how much would a Halo Collection sell on the Switch? Only a handful of 3rd party shooters have sold well on the system, and pretty much all of them have sold considerably less than the other versions. Not to mention even a straight port of the Halo Collection would be inferior to the XBOne version. With that said, it's still Halo, and the novelty of it being on another platform, and a portable one at that, would make people consider it. How much could it actually sell? I can see it selling a couple million copies, but certainly nothing close to 10m.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.