By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft and Nintendo Working On Something

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jeff-grubb-ive-been-told-that-everything-on-phils-shelf-meant-something-even-the-switch.407469/

Reliable insider Jeff Grubb is saying everything on Phil Spencer's shelf alludes to something, like for example there is a Hideo Kojima related figurine there, and now we are getting reports that Microsoft might be publishing the next Kojima title. Well there's a Nintendo Switch on his shelf there too and according to Grubb it's not there randomly. 

Master Chief in Smash + maybe older Halo titles on Switch some day?

GoldenEye Remake for XBox/PC + Switch? 

Danjaq the company that owns the James Bond franchise recently renewed the software entertainment rights for the GoldenEye license too:

https://trademark.trademarkia.com/goldeneye-90098356.html

Around the Network

It will be Banjo or something. MS owns Rare who made some of the most amazing N64 games. There is no gesture bigger than MS saying we own rate and some legacy IPs, but will bring them to you. If it's a PR move it will come at no cost as the PR will pay in dividends.

Wizards and Warriors remake incoming!

For real tho I would be happy with Rare Replay on a cart for Switch.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Fei-Hung said:

It will be Banjo or something. MS owns Rare who made some of the most amazing N64 games. There is no gesture bigger than MS saying we own rate and some legacy IPs, but will bring them to you. If it's a PR move it will come at no cost as the PR will pay in dividends.

I can see MS porting that Rare collection to the Switch. Either that or a remaster of the Banjo & Conker games, they would sell quite well on both XBoxX and the Switch.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Porting old games seems like a waste IMO, but imagine if MS let Nintendo make a modern Banjo game for both xbox and switch? lol I can kinda see that happening, especially since they need more family friendly content on gamepass. Conker as much as I like the IP will never stand a chance in today's PC world (and Banjo has more name recognition)

I doubt it's something like Rare Replay or Halo ports, that's not something to get Xbox fans excited. Could be it but that's not something you should tease and just drop the announcement lol Super lame is that's the case

Around the Network

Could just be there because MS already has games on the Switch.

Yep, since they don't know what to do with them Nintendo will give Metroid to MSoft in exchange for Banjo... Yeah, right.

It's more likely that GamePass is coming to Switch.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Master Chief in Smash

Halo for Switch lol

Ryuu96 said:

Game Pass on Switch via xCloud maybe? Nintendo would be very unlikely to allow the full Game Pass experience on Switch though, it'd have to be something like an Xbox Game Studios only tier so ultimately stuff that Nintendo likely won't be getting anyway and nothing that could cut into their own store revenue.

Or maybe it's just Master Chief in Smash, Lol.

It also isn't GoldenEye

Apparently a Fall announcement.

Now THAT would be an interesting move! Only games that aren't already on Switch would be on that Gamepass. Obviously Microsoft will have to make ports of their higher end games on Gamepass so they can run well enough on Switch (which would cost resources), but if they can grow Gamepass subscribers by even just 1 million, let alone the 5-10 million + I suspect they would grow from this move, that would all be worth it! I flippin' love Gamepass PC, and if I could also play the same subscription account on Switch for the extra $5 a month (to get Ultimate) I would TOTALLY do that!