By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I've lost faith in Sony

I can't say I'm in the same boat.

I'm loving the PS5's overall direction with its focus on efficiency, pushing for immersion through the Dualsense, SIE doubling down on AAA titles, a variety of second/third party exclusives, PSVR2 push, the Play At Home Initiative, and the ever improving PS+ value proposition that's enticing for a single player like me. That's not to say that I don't enjoy the niche, more creative titles that Sony used to make, I just don't think that's gone because Sony has decided to double down on AAA's with their internal teams, the same with their Japanese support.

Around the Network
think-man said:

I hope Sony can change my mind one day, but I have little faith this generation.

Yep, cause the first 5 months of a generation (which is currently impacted by a pandemic) definitly defines how the remaining of the generation will be.

I always thought it was a bit strange that Sony pivoted away from Japan though I can't necessarily blame them. And with them supporting PC more maybe you can get away with the PC/Switch combo and play some of the PS exclusives you enjoyed, if you're patient.

This is why I always wait, keep expectations in check and never buy at launch. Be it Sony, Nintendo and in one case, Ms.
When PS4 launched I saw zero appeal and had a similar feeling to what you are describing, but 2 years down the line I finally bought my ps4 and as of today is my favorite console - overall - since the PS2. I have the same mindset with the PS5, theres little appeal to it right now. But there are some games coming in the future i'd be very interested.
Im also a huge fan of japanese games - specially RPGs - and the PS4 is flooded with them. In due time, I'd expect the Ps5 to have a similar offer. I dont really see them closing that door, because thats always been a huge appeal for them.
Come the end of 2022-early 2023 and lets see If I dont own one already.

i came in here assuming this was a joke thread

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

While I don't think it's a good idea to get attached to a brand/company, it's nice that you have mostly had great experiences with PlayStation.
But yeah, it sucks sometimes when you enjoy a platform (or line of platforms) so much and the corporation running it makes even more baffling decisions than they already do.
We need the humbled PlayStation from the late 2000s to mid 2010s back right now. While the PS5 launch and launch months are more smooth than the PS3, there's still a lot to complain about.
My main grievances with PlayStation are these
1. Lack of legacy content
2. The manner in which they're shutting down the legacy stores
3. Party chat changes and shutting down of communities
4. Games that are priced $69.99
5. No way yet to expand the SSD in the PS5.
6. Seemingly alienating Japanese games and gamers more with each passing year.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Fei-Hung said:

Still plenty to play on th console, but I don't like the £70 fee when th competition is launching shit for free on gamepass. 

It's true but the problem with that is MS has no games. They are still pumping out Halo and Gears which are so tired at this point. I can't believe they wont give those series a break. Medium was ok. Meanwhile Sony is just continuing to pump out hit after hit. So you have a situation where one company is offering a great deal but very little new games to actually play. Then the other company is offering great games to play but you still have the standard $60 fee. I didn't get into gaming to save money so I still side with Sony on this one. 

I've shifted towards PC mainly anyways at this point and with playnite + controller companion my PC is just like a console. Now that Sony is starting to move their games to PC and Japanese companies are moving to Steam this will most likely be my last Sony console.

We all have.

Doomed since 1994.

Fei-Hung said:

Still plenty to play on th console, but I don't like the £70 fee when the competition is launching shit for free on gamepass.

The £70 thing is odd. While yes, the price increase is unwanted, UK market usually reduces games prices to remain competitive. RRP last gen was £55-60 for all games, so £10 increase doesn't sound much right? But no one paid £55-60 for game last gen, unless you bought games first day digital. Stores, both in highstreet and online reduced games prices to compete to get business and games usually sold for £45-50 instead.

However, for some reason game stores and retailers aren't doing competing prices on the new gen. So in the UK what was once 45-50 seemingly shot up to £70.

The greed I'd say is amazon and other stores, not really Sony.

Plus GamePass games are not free for anyone, not the person paying for the sub, not the developers and certainly not MS.

Hmm, pie.

shikamaru317 said:
method114 said:

It's true but the problem with that is MS has no games. They are still pumping out Halo and Gears which are so tired at this point. I can't believe they wont give those series a break. Medium was ok. Meanwhile Sony is just continuing to pump out hit after hit. So you have a situation where one company is offering a great deal but very little new games to actually play. Then the other company is offering great games to play but you still have the standard $60 fee. I didn't get into gaming to save money so I still side with Sony on this one. 

I've shifted towards PC mainly anyways at this point and with playnite + controller companion my PC is just like a console. Now that Sony is starting to move their games to PC and Japanese companies are moving to Steam this will most likely be my last Sony console.

That might have been true in the latter half of this past generation, but that is certainly not true now. MS now has 23 first party studios after the Zenimax acquisition, just in the first 3 years of this generation (2021-2023) Xbox is likely to release the following AA/AAA games from 1st party studios, all of which will be day one Gamepass:

• Halo Infinite
  • Starfield
  • Wolfenstein 3
  • Everwild
  • Avowed
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Forza Motorsport (reboot)
  • Fable (reboot)
  • Perfect Dark (reboot)
  • State of Decay 3
  • Hellblade 2: Senua's Saga
  • Project Mara
  • Arkane Austin new IP from Harvey Smith 
  • Compulsion Games new IP

And that is on top of insiders recently suggesting that MS has several high profile (AAA or large AA) 2nd party games coming through Xbox Global Publishing, including the rumored Kojima project. Plus many 3rd party timed or full exclusives, some of which were already announced (Second Extinction, The Gunk, Hello Neighbor 2, STALKER 2, Warhammer 40K: Darktide, etc.).

Idk where you have the energy to reply xD Some people are forever stuck in 2015 lol Haven't had a mainline Halo game in 6 years and they still get accused of milking it. sheesh. So many new IPs (and old revivals) coming, it's going to be an exciting generation. I do feel for all the Playstation fans not liking the current direction, I was in the same spot last gen with Xbox. I really thought I was going to leave the platform for good but Phil really turned it around.