By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumour: Naughty Dog Remaking TLOU1

TruckOSaurus said:

A TLoU remake would be totally pointless. The PS4 Remaster is just fine as it is.

This.

I think The Uncharted series has also run its course, it was neatly tied up in the latest installment. If they somehow manage to keep the series fresh after the fourth mainline installment, hats off to them. Just please don't ruin an excellent series by dragging it out for too long. Well, I guess there's always new gamers who want to jump in at this point.

Too bad they didn't greenlight Days Gone 2, would have loved that one. The first one is very underrated.

Well, at least there's one new IP coming up, can't wait to see what they come up with and hope it's another success.



Around the Network

It makes sense only because the TV show is coming out soon. No idea why a bunch of devs would get mad that their remake of another teams game was taken over by that team.



method114 said:

It makes sense only because the TV show is coming out soon. No idea why a bunch of devs would get mad that their remake of another teams game was taken over by that team.

I still don't get what can a TV show offer that the game can't. TLOU is a very cinematic and linear game, why bother with an adaptation for anything but advertisement?



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

So it’s confirmed that the secret San Diego Studio is dead and their Project was moved to Naughty Dog, this article explains why some of those key guys left and moved to ZoS San Diego all of a sudden.



Otter said:

Flood of news

-ND Working on 3 Projects (TLOU Remake, Uncharted, multiplayer experience)
-Bend working on new IP (Days Gone 2 not greenlit)
-Overall  bad management across sonys side has caused some upset amongst developers

Interesting. A story from Jason Schreier about how Sony treats it's internal teams and what it focuses on, but what sticks is: TLOU remake, new Uncharted. Funny, how things go.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
melbye said:

Ugh, so done with Naughty Dog, shit developer

My favorite non Nintendo developer, never lets me down!



jesus christ The Last of Us isn't even 10 years old yet and it will have been remade/remastered twice....



OTBWY said:

From what I read from the article, creative freedom died at Sony's studios. I dont put much weight on Jasons articles tbh, but the signs are there to believe it is actually true.

Nothing suggests that at all.

TloU remake was greenlit because that is what the studio chose to do, not Sony.

Sony not greenlighting a Days Gone sequel in the very year the first game launched to a less than stellar reception is hardly surprising.

Sony Bend, who are not a high tier studio, being put onto 2 ND projects shouldn't be surprising either because

1)they clearly didn't have anything else to pitch and needed to be put to work on something

2)and because their game before Days Gone was an Uncharted game. So they know have experience with the IP. In fact, I recall an insider claiming that they tried to pitch a 2nd Uncharted game after Golden Abyss.

Darwinianevolution said:
method114 said:

It makes sense only because the TV show is coming out soon. No idea why a bunch of devs would get mad that their remake of another teams game was taken over by that team.

I still don't get what can a TV show offer that the game can't. TLOU is a very cinematic and linear game, why bother with an adaptation for anything but advertisement?

The TV show is not a strict adaptation. It's already been confirmed to be different in many ways from the game. If it was a 1:1 translation I'd agree with you. But since it is seeing changes, I don't really see how it's an issue.



Jason Schreier is nothing more than a gossip rag writer,



twintail said:
OTBWY said:

From what I read from the article, creative freedom died at Sony's studios. I dont put much weight on Jasons articles tbh, but the signs are there to believe it is actually true.

Nothing suggests that at all.

TloU remake was greenlit because that is what the studio chose to do, not Sony.

Sony not greenlighting a Days Gone sequel in the very year the first game launched to a less than stellar reception is hardly surprising.

Sony Bend, who are not a high tier studio, being put onto 2 ND projects shouldn't be surprising either because

1)they clearly didn't have anything else to pitch and needed to be put to work on something

2)and because their game before Days Gone was an Uncharted game. So they know have experience with the IP. In fact, I recall an insider claiming that they tried to pitch a 2nd Uncharted game after Golden Abyss.


Are you kidding me? They were forced to do something else instead of doing what they wanted to do, which was making a sequel to a game that while had mixed reviews, was still profitable. And the fact that they had fear about getting absorbed into ND should say enough.