By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which PS3 model is your favorite and why?

Which PS3 design is your favorite?

FAT 9 45.00%

SLIM 7 35.00%

SUPERSLIM 4 20.00%

Total:20

PS3 fat by far. It's still the best looking console of all time in my opinion; sleek, stylish, futuristic, and premium looking.

PS3 slim looks meh, super slim is just straight-up ugly.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 28 March 2021

Around the Network

Superslim because it's a top-loading drive. I hate disc slot drives and trays.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

OG. I like the slot loaders since I always have my consoles upright, stacked next to all the other consoles.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

PS3 Fat as well, it's got the stylish chrome and glossy black. Regardless of its size that many complained about, it's a console design where when you first saw it it had the 'next gen' look.

It also had better features than the other PS3 models with the extra card slots, extra USB ports and ofc backwards compatible.

Fat because it is the only one i own and didn't like the cheap look of the other two

Around the Network

I like the fat one due to the PS2 backwards compatibility. The glossy black was pretty nice too.
Shame that my 55GB PS3 died, my replacement also ylod on me, and even after I temporarily fixed it with a heat gun, it still died again sometime later.

The fat PS3 was the Cadillac of gaming consoles.

Spoiler!
Inb4 someone makes a snide joke about Cadillacs.

Design, PS3 slim. But overall PS3 fat due to backward compatibility.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Slim is great. Imo the most elegant PS console I've owned. Way prefer the look of matte consoles, despite looking and feeling less premium than the OG.

The origional PS3 was nice too but I absolutely hated the glossy finish. Which covered the whole thing. It was a dust, fingerprint and scratch magnet in one. You just had to look at it and micro scratches and fingerprints... EVERYWHERE lol. The capacitive buttons was also a blessing and also a curse, as you could accidentally knock the power/reset or eject buttons

Last edited by hinch - on 28 March 2021

Fat for PS2 compatibility, sleek look, and 4 USB ports. Slim for everything else. I reluctantly voted Fat.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima