added some numbers I have
updated totals are top 50 only
Thanks a bunch! Now I can update a bunch of things :)
Famitsu Switch 3rd Parties 2020 Top 20:
- Momotaro Dentetsu (Konami) - 819.094
- Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town (Marvelous) – 256.421
- Minecraft (Microsoft) - 158.722
- Bravely Default II (Square Enix) – 127.628
- Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin (Marvelous) - 59.268
- Little Nightmares II (Bandai Namco) - 51.835
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (Koei Tecmo) - 50.020
- Fitness Boxing 2 (Imagineer) - 49.200
- Dragon Quest XI S (Square Enix) - 48.928
- Human Fall Flat (Teyon Japan) - 42.692
- Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (Sega) - 36.105
- Family Trainer (Bandai Namco) -31.155
- Disgaea 6 (Nippon Ichi) -25.744
- Densha de Go!! (Square Enix) - 24.393 NEW
- Fishing Spirits (Bandai Namco) - 22.442
- A-Train: All Aboard! Tourism (Artdink) - 20.043
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun! (Bandai Namco) - 17.655
- Jack Jeanne (Broccoli) - 15.827 NEW
- eBaseball Powerful Pro Baseball 2020 (Konami) - 15.228
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega) - 13.942
With the launch of Monster Hunter Rise we would likely surpass 3.5 million sales for third parties this year; for reference last year the Top 20 was a little over 3 million combined. As mentioned support is accelerating and with this being the peak year for hardware with the Pro Launch and much stronger fall line-up - we are bound to see at least a couple of franchises really break out.
Just for comparison last year in Q1, these were the Top Selling Third Party game, night and day.
Q1 2020 3rd Party
- Minecraft (Microsoft) - 185.900
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega) - 97.772
- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva MegaMix (Sega) - 78.558 NEW
- Fishing Spirits (Bandai Namco) - 76.921
- Persona 5 Scramble (Atlus) - 65.653 NEW
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 (Bandai Namco) - 61.571 NEW
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun! (Bandai Namco) - 39.804
- Dragon Quest XI S (Square Enix) - 39.181
- My Hero: One's Justice 2 (Bandai Namco Games) - 24.829 NEW
- Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town (Marvelous) - 16.979
Without Momotaro launching in the fall of 2020, we would have actually seen a decline for third parties on the Switch last year. Yet to come we have Rune Factory 5, Samurai Warriors 5, Baseball Spirits, SMT V, Monster Hunter Stories 2, Shin Kun all set to launch from May to end of summer; without any idea about what the second half of the year holds for third parties.
Could there be a Winning Eleven for the Switch to further build on Konami's success so far? A DQ spin-off we don't know about? Ace Attorney that was leaked?
This year could be truly something for Third Parties that have finally embraced the Switch after wasting a lot of time to get onboard.