By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 12, 2021 - (Mar 15 - Mar 21)

theDX said:

On the Pro Baseball Spirits 2021 website

made me do a double take

You mistook "Pro Controller" for "Switch Pro"?

Around the Network

TOP 20 2020 Switch Famitsu Q2:

1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 2.396.303
  2. Ring Fit Adventure - 328.387
  3. Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics - 171.620 NEW
  4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 164.113
  5. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - 123.920 NEW
  6. Smash Ultimate - 114.495
  7. Splatoon 2 - 114.226
  8. Trials of Mana (Square Enix) - 100.451 NEW
  9. Minecraft (Microsoft) - 94.762
  10. Super Mario Party - 85.551
  11. Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training - 67.688
  12. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 (Bandai Namco Games) - 56.383
  13. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 52.713
  14. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 50.685
  15. Super Mario Maker 2 - 47.454
  16. Luigi's Mansion 3 - 34.757
  17. Fishing Spirits (Bandai Namco) - 34.553
  18. Dragon Quest XIS (Square Enix) - 27.399
  19. Taiko no Tatsujin (Bandai Namco Games) - 25.663
  20. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega) - 21.235

TOTAL: 4.112.358
TOTAL HARDWARE: 966.530

Q2 is going to be crazy compared to last year when we only had New Horizon making up more than 50% of Software sold. 

The only major new games which launched were Clubhouse Games: 51, Xenoblade Chronicles & Trials of Mana.

This year with Week 2 of Monster Hunter Rise being part of Q2, if it opens at 1.7M, Week 2 with a drop of 80% we'd be looking at 340K, than an average of 100K for the remaining 12 Week we'd be looking at at least 1.5M, this is the most conservative outlook for Rise I can come up with, in actuality I think it will be over 2M during Q2. 

Than we have the evergreens - Momotaro, Bowser's Fury & Ring Fit Adventure will be heading towards over 350K sales in Q2, while New Horizon & MK8D will be likely around 250K

There is actually a very strong line-up of new games launching through-out the next 3 months - Pokemon Snap, Rune Factory 5, Miitopia & Mario Golf being the ones that will easily break the 150K barrier. 

So just across the Top 10, I think we would easily surpass 4 million sales in Q2, while Hardware I think should be at least 1.3M compared to 966K last year. There will also be a bunch of new games & evergreens in the 50K to 150K range. The worst selling game in the Top 20 will be x2 or x3 higher than the bottom ranked DQXIS, Taiko and Mario & Sonic did last year.

Amazon Japan looking crazy now

1) MHR (Digital)
2) Pro controller
3) NSW (hardware)
4) 3rd party Pro Controller
5) MHR
6) MHR
7) MHR NSW Hardware bundle
8) NSW (hardware)
9) NS Online
10) NSW Amazon Bundle

Everything is MHR related lol

Wman1996 said:

I've heard of for years of how expensive video games are in Brazil. I think the import fees need to get reduced drastically so more Brazilians can enjoy gaming.
Vini64 (A YouTuber) said a Wii U in Brazil cost about $400 United States dollars. That's a increase of about $100.

deerox said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Does that really matter though? 

A few years ago there used to be a ton of Japanese games that were either PS4 exclusive or PSVita/PS4 only.  At this point, the real question is if a third party game will be Switch exclusive or multiplat (and even then the Playstation version is going to be the worse seller).  When the top 30 looks like this, there isn't much incentive for a Japanese developer to make a Playstation exclusive game.  The only Playstation exclusives going forward are going to be a handful of big international titles like Final Fantasy and Resident Evil.  Every other Japanese third party game will be coming to Switch.

Don't know about that. Falcom have a Playstation exclusive coming out soon and Sega is still pretty adamant about not releasing Yakuza on Switch.

What Falcom game is that?

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Stellar_Fungk said:
Wman1996 said:

I've heard of for years of how expensive video games are in Brazil. I think the import fees need to get reduced drastically so more Brazilians can enjoy gaming.
Vini64 (A YouTuber) said a Wii U in Brazil cost about $400 United States dollars. That's a increase of about $100.

deerox said:

Don't know about that. Falcom have a Playstation exclusive coming out soon and Sega is still pretty adamant about not releasing Yakuza on Switch.

What Falcom game is that?

The HD remaster of Nayuta no Kiseki.

Around the Network

Next week is going to be the most interesting Famitsu in a long, long time, possibly since Animal Crossing, or possibly even longer as that was a first party game.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Monster Hunter Rise sold 1.3m in Japan ex-digital which is close to MHW 1.35m. Sell through 94% so few available. Total likely to be 2m or more (35-40% digital) in the period. Switch hardware 267k, up from 89k last week. PS5 hit 62k sales, 35k last week, best since launch week.

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me