By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 12, 2021 - (Mar 15 - Mar 21)

Wman1996 said:

I've heard of for years of how expensive video games are in Brazil. I think the import fees need to get reduced drastically so more Brazilians can enjoy gaming.
Vini64 (A YouTuber) said a Wii U in Brazil cost about $400 United States dollars. That's a increase of about $100.

deerox said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Does that really matter though? 

A few years ago there used to be a ton of Japanese games that were either PS4 exclusive or PSVita/PS4 only.  At this point, the real question is if a third party game will be Switch exclusive or multiplat (and even then the Playstation version is going to be the worse seller).  When the top 30 looks like this, there isn't much incentive for a Japanese developer to make a Playstation exclusive game.  The only Playstation exclusives going forward are going to be a handful of big international titles like Final Fantasy and Resident Evil.  Every other Japanese third party game will be coming to Switch.

Don't know about that. Falcom have a Playstation exclusive coming out soon and Sega is still pretty adamant about not releasing Yakuza on Switch.

What Falcom game is that?

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network
Stellar_Fungk said:
Wman1996 said:

I've heard of for years of how expensive video games are in Brazil. I think the import fees need to get reduced drastically so more Brazilians can enjoy gaming.
Vini64 (A YouTuber) said a Wii U in Brazil cost about $400 United States dollars. That's a increase of about $100.

deerox said:

Don't know about that. Falcom have a Playstation exclusive coming out soon and Sega is still pretty adamant about not releasing Yakuza on Switch.

What Falcom game is that?

The HD remaster of Nayuta no Kiseki.

Next week is going to be the most interesting Famitsu in a long, long time, possibly since Animal Crossing, or possibly even longer as that was a first party game.

Monster Hunter Rise sold 1.3m in Japan ex-digital which is close to MHW 1.35m. Sell through 94% so few available. Total likely to be 2m or more (35-40% digital) in the period. Switch hardware 267k, up from 89k last week. PS5 hit 62k sales, 35k last week, best since launch week.