By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bloomberg: New Nvidia GPU For New Switch, 4K DLSS Graphics + Better CPU + More RAM

NVIDIA and MediaTek want to bring RTX graphics to ARM laptops

https://www.engadget.com/nvidia-mediatek-arm-pcs-gpus-170021586.html

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

NVIDIA and MediaTek want to bring RTX graphics to ARM laptops

https://www.engadget.com/nvidia-mediatek-arm-pcs-gpus-170021586.html

With AMD locking out nVidia's propriety technology in game development by securing the console contracts and having a massive resurgence in the PC space, nVidia probably needs this to ensure it has developers still on it's side... And what platform has the most developers? That is mobile.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

This is still rumor, and NX was getting crazy rumors until the day it released. So don`t put your expectations to high to avoid being upset later.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

This is still rumor, and NX was getting crazy rumors until the day it released. So don`t put your expectations to high to avoid being upset later.

You’re accusing Bloomberg of lying, then.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

RolStoppable said:
Dulfite said:

I mean, if people are blocking ads how else can they get money from the traffic? When those "disable your ad blocker" popups happen, I assume that data gets sent somewhere where companies can see how many people viewed the page with the blocker on vs. not, which then makes those companies want to pay less for ads on the website, making them have to go to a subscription model. If they didn't have that, and their revenue went down, they would produce less content, have less investigative journalism making fun discoveries to us, probably pay all their employees less then they make now, potentially a great deal less, and lay off a % of their workforce while overworking the rest.

The pop-ups that ask you to disable your ad blocker only let you view a site properly once you've disabled your adblocker, so if Bloomberg had something against adblockers, they would just use that. But what they are doing is force a subscription to view their content. On one hand that will allow them to pay their employees better and get more good content on their site, but on the other hand they'll lose views for an ad-financed model.

I am sure they've run the numbers before coming to their decision and it is probably the better call for them in the long run, but it sucks for people like me who won't pay a subscription fee.

What pisses me off is googling info and finding that info locked behind a sub even though its 3 years old, I don't mind sites that give you a number of free views before you need to sub, one last observation I find it funny when I see a site filled with adds and the most prominent ad is for ad blocker.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
DonFerrari said:

No they are doing what sites have always done and that is post unverifiable info, and minimise the rumour component by writing it up like it's a fait accompli. 

mjk45 said:
Jumpin said:

No they are doing what sites have always done and that is post unverifiable info, and minimise the rumour component by writing it up like it's a fait accompli. 

Considering the significant unlikelihood that there’s a conspiracy impacting the sources - that Nintendo lied to devs and people in the know, or that the people familiar with the matter and developers all conspired to fool Bloomberg - there really is only two options for the accuracy or inaccuracy of the report: Bloomberg is lying or they aren’t.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
mjk45 said:

Considering the significant unlikelihood that there’s a conspiracy impacting the sources - that Nintendo lied to devs and people in the know, or that the people familiar with the matter and developers all conspired to fool Bloomberg - there really is only two options for the accuracy or inaccuracy of the report: Bloomberg is lying or they aren’t.

We seen this before where leaked sources have been wrong and also the opposite it's why they are called rumours, now if someone doesn't believe a certain leak with no verifiable source doesn't mean they are accusing the publisher of lying,and this is because it was stated as a rumour and not fact, so what you would be doing is making a judgment based on how you perceive the strength of the rumour nothing more , to accuse them of lying you would need to go further than just not believing that rumour. 

The rumors are growing to the point, that I think we can count on a new Switch model sometime this year.  Most likely we will get our next Direct in or around June and they will announce the new model then.  They can also show off enhanced gameplay for certain games to incentivize people to buy the new model.

Switch sales are already going strong.  With a new model, I can definitely see them surpassing last year's sales.  If there are several hot new titles to go along with the new model, then that is really going to make this year's Switch sales go nuts.

Jumpin said:
DonFerrari said:

Nope, not accusing them. That is just how rumors are. Several rumors were talked about NX, PS4 and X1. And of course only one configuration of each became true in the end. That doesn`t mean they were lying (well some possible were), it just mean that the source was wrong, the information was outdated, or in some cases the insider wasn`t a real insider even though he claimed.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."