By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Activision Blizzard CEO Nets HUGE Bonus After Mass Layoffs

Rab said:

All good points, Japan in some ways isn't ideal

Personally the reason I brought up this topic is I have issue with how poor management gets bonuses whilst mostly powerless employees get the axe, it happens a lot and it feeds into the growing inequality we all hear and see

This issue is well documented, but little is ever done, it just seems normal to so many people and gets forgotten, but lives of workers can be devastated, whilst the powerful, free and unhindered for the most part, reward themselves   

That is fundamentally BS - people in management are the same people who used to be "powerless employees".  You'd know that if you worked anywhere for a period of time.

There is no such thing as "normal" people and "illuminati" people.  

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Rab said:

I understand this is normal and happens all  the time, slavery was normal once too, so was treating gays, trans, women like second class citizens normal and still is in many parts of the world, the point is we can do better and should try to be better, not just accept it (I know you didn't mean it like that, I've read your posts countless times, and your a decent person by far) 

Comparing the loss of a job (And wishing them luck in finding another outlet!) to slavery, discrimination and so forth are completely and utterly different issues.

You will need to come back with a more logical argument... Rather than whatever the hell that was.

I believe what he's saying is that just because some practice is common, that doesn't make it the morally right thing to do.  He probably made his point poorly, but I'm pretty sure that is what he meant.

You may not agree that this practice is morally wrong, but at least now you can disagree with his actual point instead of some kind of unintentional straw man.

My goodness, didn't know most people on this sub were conservatives... Good to know.

Edit: I also like how most people in this thread (including the moderator) are taking more offense to one of the posters argument which wasn't even half bad, it doesn't take too much thinking to understand the point he was making which was a fine one, than the fact that a billionaire CEO took a 200M$ bonus while his peasant employees are making crums while living under the stress that they are expendable in the ultimate goal of maximizing the CEOs and all the other big time shareholders pockets. And the golden part, IT'S THE PEASANTS who defend him! Amazing.

A 200M$ bonus, no matter who you are, jesus, god, Putin, it should NEVER, EVER happen. Funny people here will defend it.

Also, another poster arguing that the bourgeois capitalistic system ,because he somehow worked at a management level (whatever that means), isn't rigged for the top 0,1% is pure GOLD.

This is a fun thread...

Last edited by benji232 - on 21 March 2021

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Rab said:
Pemalite said:

Comparing the loss of a job (And wishing them luck in finding another outlet!) to slavery, discrimination and so forth are completely and utterly different issues.

You will need to come back with a more logical argument... Rather than whatever the hell that was.

I'm not making a direct comparison, people really missed the point :p

It's more of what we think of as "normal", once slavery was "normal" now its not (I also mentioned how women were and are treated, but that didn't even get a mention, straight to the most emotive point lol), this situation may seem "normal" so it doesn't garner much attention, but it really is something that needs to change imo

Again, you are conflating two completely different things.

You can always find another/better job. A slave isn't going to find a new/better slave master.

I am getting your point on what is "deemed" normal and how things that were deemed normal has changed over time...
But loosing a job isn't the end of the world, it's not that big of a deal, there is plenty of work out there, plenty of career paths that can be taken.
I was working in Health once, decided to throw it all in and changed into fire and rescue.

You are not entitled to a 100% secured job forever, things change, companies/businesses/organizations go through periods of booms and busts.

But comparing it to discrimination or slavery to backup your arguments is downright disgusting, I am part of the LGBTQI community, I actually know what discrimination is.

Rab said:

The fact management can be rewarded for a poorly run business and the only the ones that suffer are the employees is pretty bad, surely some of you can see that  

What part of "Hope they find new employment quickly" didn't you grasp?

It's certainly not wishing ill on the individuals. - And it is certainly not praising management for receiving a bonus whilst they cut off employees.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 21 March 2021

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

benji232 said:

A 200M$ bonus, no matter who you are, jesus, god, Putin, it should NEVER, EVER happen. Funny people here will defend it.

But what's the alternative? Limit how wealthy businesses and individuals can be? Giving that money to government directly so they can piss it away?

If Activision feels he's worth that extra $200 million (much of which is probably taken by taxes), I'm not really concerned. I don't think capping how wealthy people are allowed to be is going to improve quality of life. Shaming people for not siding with liberal perspectives isn't going to help either.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Rab said:
OneTime said:

Interesting that you think that things that aren't in the company's interests increase the share value.  That would seem to be counterintuitive to most investors.

As ever, armchair commenting is easy.  People who think they know better than the stock market really, really should put their money where their mouths are.  Then post a photo from your private yacht in a few years to make us all envious...  

The Stock market is just gambling for the Rich 

Myself and many others who aren't rich have made thousands placing safe bets on the stock market.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Good for Bobby Kotick.

Pemalite said:

Rab said:

The fact management can be rewarded for a poorly run business and the only the ones that suffer are the employees is pretty bad, surely some of you can see that  

It's certainly not wishing ill on the individuals. - And it is certainly not praising management for receiving a bonus whilst they cut off employees.

I did not intended to offend you nor did I say you were wrong, looks like your trying to be offended, this for me is disappointing, I thought better of you :/

I'm done here, too many don't give a damn, and thanks for the few that did 

BraLoD said:

Apparently they fired off the entire Latam and Brazil Blizzard workforce except for the regional CEO.
It would happen sooner or later, Activision is a top tier piece of shit company afterall.

What an absolute garbage market to work smh 

IT market overall has a severe deficit in working force in almost every field but gaming companies somehow can get away with lower salaries, bigger working journeys and abundance of devs to fire everytime they feel they need to 

Rab said:
Pemalite said:

I did not intended to offend you nor did I say you were wrong, looks like your trying to be offended, this for me is disappointing, I thought better of you :/

I'm done here, too many don't give a damn, and thanks for the few that did 

I'm not offended, it takes allot for me to get offended over something so insignificant, it's small world stuff.

Rather... I am appalled you would use discrimination and slavery in such a lob-sided comparison to reinforce your position... And thus called you out on it. - If you find that disappointing... Then so be it. - I can personally sleep easy knowing I stood up for what I inherently believed in.

It's not a case of "not giving a damn" either, it's a case of: "shit happens".
We are people, we learn, grow and improve from life's experiences, loosing a job tends to be one of those experiences that everyone generally goes through at some point in time, use what you learned from that job and apply that to your next job to open up new opportunities rather than throw a pity party.

Companies hire and fire all the time, it's the cycle of the job market. (Note: Market.)
You need to plan and anticipate those scenarios if your contract isn't air-tight.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--