By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 New VR Controller revealed

First look

-Finger touch detection
-Adaptive triggers
-HapticFeedback

"The VR controller is tracked by the new VR headset through a tracking ring across the bottom of the controller."

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/18/next-gen-vr-on-ps5-the-new-controller/

Last edited by Otter - on 18 March 2021

Around the Network

I presume the guard if for people not to swing them around and hit their friends in the face right?

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

I presume the guard if for people not to swing them around and hit their friends in the face right?

Its a proximity sensor for tracking hands, gesture and fingers. Like more modern VR controllers on the Oculus Rift and Vive.

Open your hand up and it shows in-game. point your finger, grab something etc etc.

Last edited by hinch - on 18 March 2021

Another pic. Also inside out tracking is practically confirmed so no more reliance on a crappy PS camera!

Look great, day one for me if stock is available by then. I don't expect it until Q4 2022 at the earliest but good to know it's send out to developers already.

Around the Network

Looks weird, but if it plays well that's what matters.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

SvennoJ said:

Look great, day one for me if stock is available by then. I don't expect it until Q4 2022 at the earliest but good to know it's send out to developers already.

They do look awfully bulky, but getting closer to the Occulus Rift Touch controllers is an improvement over the Brookstone massage wand they were using before.

At frist glance, they look very awkward.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Wonder how VR graphics will look like with PS5 under the hood.

the-pi-guy said:

What do you mean by guard?

Hinch's second post image it what was in the thread originally. The 'sensors' look like hand guards to protect you.

Hmm, pie.