By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 New VR Controller revealed

Wonder how VR graphics will look like with PS5 under the hood.

Around the Network

Finally catched up with the times.

the-pi-guy said:

What do you mean by guard?

Hinch's second post image it what was in the thread originally. The 'sensors' look like hand guards to protect you.

Hmm, pie.

Excited to see what the headset will look like now. Worried it will be an expensive year with a revised ps5 possibly and this. Hoping it's wireless. Might need to invest in Google nest WiFi in case it's all wireless.

Fei-Hung said:

Excited to see what the headset will look like now. Worried it will be an expensive year with a revised ps5 possibly and this. Hoping it's wireless. Might need to invest in Google nest WiFi in case it's all wireless.

I thought they already confirmed there would be a single wire from the headset.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
The Fury said:

I presume the guard if for people not to swing them around and hit their friends in the face right?

He means the circular tracking ring that surrounds your hands, I suppose it it could be mistaken as a hand guard like you see on certain swords.

I'm curious what they mean by 'finger touch detection'. Does it only differentiate between a fully open and fully closed hand/finger? The Index can track gradual finger positions, right?

The plot thickens!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

mjk45 said:
the-pi-guy said:

He means the circular tracking ring that surrounds your hands, I suppose it it could be mistaken as a hand guard like you see on certain swords.

That's what I assumed, thanks. 

TallSilhouette said:

I'm curious what they mean by 'finger touch detection'. Does it only differentiate between a fully open and fully closed hand/finger? The Index can track gradual finger positions, right?

It seems likely the case. The Index is packed with sensors to do finger that way, and costs $280 for the controllers. Some of that also comes down to external sensors. But it's still an expensive solution that can have problems. 

Looks promising, my only worry is pricing.