By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Being a gamer is really hard around here...

I know it sucks, but honestly give me a PS3 or a PC similar to it (I would guess 730 is around that level of performance) and I'm set for life.

I have a 1660ti and I hardly ever use its power since I mostly play games that are 10 to 20 years old, I'm considering selling it for profit now that prices are crazy.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

What exactly is the problem? Stuff is so cheap?

I mean, you're saying an RTX 3070 is 10x the minimum wage and a PS5 is 9x the minimum wage? Just compared that to how things are here and a 3070 is 146x minimum wage while a PS5 is 54x minimum wage. Y'all are lucky!

PC gaming is a no go for DIY builders unless you're either really lucky or willing spend over the odds for a new components and thats worldwide.

Sucks for consoles prices in Brazil though. Even without looking at shortage your taxes and prices there are frankly insane.

hinch said:

PC gaming is a no go for DIY builders unless you're either really lucky or willing spend over the odds for a new components and thats worldwide.

Sucks for consoles prices in Brazil though. Even without looking at shortage your taxes and prices there are frankly insane.

This. I was ready to build a new PC but couldnt get the gpu (3060ti) for a respectable price. I just went and brought the whole PC with GPU as it worked out cheaper in the end.

Heh, try being a Nintendo gamer in Brazil, its even worse. Games are sold at full dolar price here. One original game costs around 400BRL, wich basically means ONE game costs a about a THIRD of a full Month's Salary, its ridiculous. Plus Nintendo doesn't have a game pass sort of thing, so if you enjoy their games here in Brazil, youre totally f*****

Around the Network

Yeah pricing of physical items suck but I'm buying lots of digital stuff from Brazil.
Obviously still expensive for Brazilians but very cheap when you're from Europe. The weakness of the BRL obviously helps a lot.

Ka-pi96 said:

I mean, you're saying an RTX 3070 is 10x the minimum wage and a PS5 is 9x the minimum wage? Just compared that to how things are here and a 3070 is 146x minimum wage while a PS5 is 54x minimum wage. Y'all are lucky!

I have a feeling that he was posting the annual salary of someone on minimum wage.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I have a feeling that he was posting the annual salary of someone on minimum wage.

Why? What would it even be based on, 40 hour weeks?

If that is the case though, wow, that's crazy! You'd have to work 40? hours a week for 10 years just to buy a graphics card? :O

I bought my PC right when the pandemic was starting and still got some "decent" prices.
Paid R$ 1060 on a 1660 Super, it's R$ 3000 now, lol.

Last edited by BraLoD - on 18 March 2021

Ka-pi96 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Why? What would it even be based on, 40 hour weeks?

If that is the case though, wow, that's crazy! You'd have to work 40? hours a week for 10 years just to buy a graphics card? :O

R$1100 is the minimum monthly wage for a full-time job.

I don't know how things are over there where you live Kapi, but it's quite obvious that whatever minimum wage is there, it's not what most people make on a full-time job. In Brazil, most jobs tread near the minimum wage level, for a supposed 40-hour work week (they often go well above 40 hours).