By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

If this included movies, there were times where I could easily spam this with a new one every day. Some rare days, two or even three if I was in the mood. Now, however, it's been two fuckingwhole months since the last film I watched, and I really hate it.

But... I want to start watching a short anime, Paranoia Agent (Satoshi Kon), later this week. I hope I can gain some traction after that again, with better conditions.

Apart from this, the last show I watched was Eden (Dominik Moll) and it was... decent. It does well as a portrayal of reality, but there are a couple of subplots that (to me) just feel unnecessary and only serve to water down the main ones. This show has only six parts, but I think they could've summarized it in only three or four and it would've been much better: stronger and straight to the point.

I have periods of social disconnection, it's a part of me that I need and keenly embrace. I'll still log in and read news and threads during those times, but I won't be (very) active on the site, so I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause (late answers, bumps or the like).

Also...

Please, feel free to correct my English.

Around the Network

Just finished Venture Bros. Been re-watchig Raising Hope. My buddy always sung the praises of The Blacklist and I waited years to watch it, hoping it would wrap up before I ever started. It is good and I made it through the first 5 seasons but then pumped the brakes since I was closing in on the current season.
As for current TV: Bob's Burgers, The Rookie, The Goldbergs, Superstore are the only ones I watch week to week.
I also tried to get the Girlfriend interested in Community but she just doesn't watch as much TV as I do, so I only watched a bit of it again.

Love Live! School Idol Project.

Been so long since I last watched an anime. Having some fun with that one.

Succession didn't really catch my interest at first but I decided to give it a chance after the second season got great reviews. The first season was kinda good; it did just enough to keep me watching. The second season really is great, though. The show hits its stride and can be laugh out loud darkly funny. There are no good people here, but they're certainly entertaining and it allows you to revel in watching them all backstab and generally be shitty to each other in all sorts of interesting ways. The show's greatest strength is its oceans of subtext. People rarely say what they really mean and the show is all about what's really happening between the lines. The season 2 finale was *chef's kiss*.

i've been rotating between WandaVision and Attack on Titan for the past month, both of which have been amazing

Around the Network

I've been watching Attack on Titan and Full Metal Alchemist 03.

Love Attack on Titan probably will go down as one of my favorite animes next to Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.

FMA 03 is good but i don't find it as engaging as Brotherhood.

Eric2048 said:

FMA 03 is good but i don't find it as engaging as Brotherhood.

...OH! 2003. I thought there was suddenly a third FMA anime I hadn't heard about.

I thought '03 started better and Brotherhood finished better.

Upload, which kinda feels like a less bleak version of Black Mirror and Snowpiercer.

Summerset said:

Upload, which kinda feels like a less bleak version of Black Mirror and Snowpiercer.

Watched that out of curiosity (and to actually get some use out of Prime Video) last year. Starts out a bit iffy but I really got invested in the characters eventually. Looking forward to season 2.

TallSilhouette said:
Summerset said:

Watched that out of curiosity (and to actually get some use out of Prime Video) last year. Starts out a bit iffy but I really got invested in the characters eventually. Looking forward to season 2.

Same. Store brand-Tom Cruise and Nora have a great chemistry.