5 3 5.66%

6 4 7.55%

7 11 20.75%

8 14 26.42%

9 8 15.09%

10 9 16.98%

Total:53
Dulfite said:

Youtube: It's Breath of the Pokemon! It's what I've always wanted! Oh wow it looks so much better than Shield/Sword! Look at the grass detail! Look at the horizons and environments! You can roll!

This thread: looks raw and they shouldn't have shown us anything because of that.

Me: Considering the game is at least 9-10 months away, it is stunning how good it looks. Nintendo doesn't normally show that much footage of a game off that far from release. Botw was shown early and received a bunch of trolling on how it looked and how empty it appeared to be, then it came out and blew everyone's expectations to Pluto.

Yep sounds typical of Pokemon threads in general. The general public will like be pleased with what  was shown while some very vocal posters on enthusiast forums look for every detail to pick a part and complain about

Around the Network
Baddman said:
Dulfite said:

Youtube: It's Breath of the Pokemon! It's what I've always wanted! Oh wow it looks so much better than Shield/Sword! Look at the grass detail! Look at the horizons and environments! You can roll!

This thread: looks raw and they shouldn't have shown us anything because of that.

Me: Considering the game is at least 9-10 months away, it is stunning how good it looks. Nintendo doesn't normally show that much footage of a game off that far from release. Botw was shown early and received a bunch of trolling on how it looked and how empty it appeared to be, then it came out and blew everyone's expectations to Pluto.

Yep sounds typical of Pokemon threads in general. The general public will like be pleased with what  was shown while some very vocal posters on enthusiast forums look for every detail to pick a part and complain about

All the while those very vocal posters will also be buying the games and loving them............people are just weird lol

JCGamer55 said:

How anyone would consider those Diamond and Pearl remakes acceptable is beyond me. Comparing them to Link's Awakening is absurd: The original Link's Awakening was a Gameboy game and the Switch remake looks a generation above what they have shown us with these Shining Diamond and Pearl. The original DP is a DS game remade into a low 3DS quality game. Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby look way more polished that these remakes, I can't believe it.

Now add that to the fact that they are hinting to skip the Platinum content like they did with Emerald and possibly only have the original 492 national dex from DP.

The game looks cute so I find it acceptable 

I have no interest in pokemon, but just watched the presentation ready to laugh at another crap nintendo direct (yes i know its gamesfreak).

Well colour me surprised. That was actually a really good direct. I dont even like pokemon but thought they all looked very promising. Also gives a good big exclusove for Q4 21.

DP remakes seems the exact same game.
Seems that still random encounters, no follow up pokemon, still hm slaves, no regional forms confirmed, no old or new megas confirmed, not even platinum content is confirmed.
Aparently, no new mechanics or content (very different from hgss, oras or lets go)
I really wished it was a sinnoh let's go, but seems to be far worse.

Around the Network

Pokémon Legends Arceus looks really dope conceptually, but as others have said the footage they showed looked very raw and unpolished. They've still got a full year left before release, here's hoping that they will put that time to good use.

Dulfite said:
Agente42 said:

Pokemon Direct>>>>>>>> Nintendo Direct>>>>>> limbo> Xbox e3 kinect>>> Nintendo e3 wii music >>>> Sony state of play 2021 Q1

So I take it you aren't a fan of FF? Lol

One episodic game with DLC? No

I'm wait for the complete version.

JCGamer55 said:

How anyone would consider those Diamond and Pearl remakes acceptable is beyond me. Comparing them to Link's Awakening is absurd: The original Link's Awakening was a Gameboy game and the Switch remake looks a generation above what they have shown us with these Shining Diamond and Pearl. The original DP is a DS game remade into a low 3DS quality game. Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby look way more polished that these remakes, I can't believe it.

Now add that to the fact that they are hinting to skip the Platinum content like they did with Emerald and possibly only have the original 492 national dex from DP.

Because you are confusing an art style you dislike with competent gameplay, which is more important, and capability of software. I can understand why people are put off by the art style, by that it is trying to do a 3D take in the original games is more than fine with me. 
The comparison to Links Awakening is by no means absurd - despite one being much older both original games are 2D games remade in 3D and the remakes have similar art styles. The comparison is very valid. Again, using ORAS as a comparison boils done to the art styles used for the 3DS versus those on the Switch.

Also bear in mind the ORAS had content (specifically the Delta Episode) that wasn’t in any of the originals. Decent chance something like that happens with BDSP.

The Delta episode was so lame compared with the Battle Frontier from Emerald

Last edited by Link_Nines.XBC - on 26 February 2021

Dulfite said:

The difference with Breath of the Wild is that it was already announced and delayed by that point. People were desperate for something. So they showed something. While everyone has been hoping for a bigger open world Pokémon, the internet has not been vocal about them having to show anything. We all knew a remake was coming and a new mainline game. They could've easily waited another 6 months to show more than just a concept.

I'm looking forward to it though, the scope of the world looks insane. Big fan of being able to catch Pokémon out in the wild without fighting as well. It looks like they really listened to player feedback and unlike Sword/Shield, I am confident I won't be skipping this one.