5 3 5.66%

6 4 7.55%

7 11 20.75%

8 14 26.42%

9 8 15.09%

10 9 16.98%

Total:53
Vodacixi said:

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks Pokémon Legends: Arceus looks worse than one of those thousands of abandoned Dreams projects on PS4?

It looks like they are trying BotW with the engine and assets of SwSh, with predictable results. Unless GF steps up its game, or we'll see either massive empty areas all throughout the game or very bad performance all around.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Hory Sheit!!! Open world Pokemon! Finally! I haven't played a Pokemon since X/Y so I am getting legends! :D

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Really don't like the art style of the remakes. Looks like a lazier version of Link's Awakening's art style.
The concept of Legends is something to look forward to, but it also looks like they have nothing but an open world and some Pokémon right now, looked very rough. Too early to show in my opinion. Combat looks to be the exact same as previous titles as well which is a shame. A step in the right direction at least.

I really wish they would outsource a Pokémon game to Square or Monolith or even Platinum games, with a much larger focus on combat, story and exploration and not on the "catch em all" theme. A mix of Torna: The Golden Country and Astral Chain gameplay. Basically a reboot of Pokémon.

Darwinianevolution said:

Breath of the Arceus looks interesting, but if GF struggled with SWSh's performance already, this is going to be nightmarish for them.

Watching the video, performance was a very obvious problem. Can only hope with a year until release it get a decent amount of polish.

anonymunchy said:

Really don't like the art style of the remakes. Looks like a lazier version of Link's Awakening's art style.
The concept of Legends is something to look forward to, but it also looks like they have nothing but an open world and some Pokémon right now, looked very rough. Too early to show in my opinion. Combat looks to be the exact same as previous titles as well which is a shame. A step in the right direction at least.

I really wish they would outsource a Pokémon game to Square or Monolith or even Platinum games, with a much larger focus on combat, story and exploration and not on the "catch em all" theme. A mix of Torna: The Golden Country and Astral Chain gameplay. Basically a reboot of Pokémon.

I feel the same but knowing Nintendo they wouldn't invest more when there are 20m buying them even with mediocre graphics

they are lazy, even Pokemon Colosseum has amazing in-battle animations compared to Sword/Shield

until Pokemon starts to die, that's all we'll get

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:

About the DP remakes, I wonder if they decided to go with this artstyle because they were planning something on mobile. Even Let's Go games had a much more developed artstyle than this.

I don’t think that’s accurate, it basically a scaled up version of the art style from the original DP. I get why the plasticy look is a bit of a turn off but Links Awakening had the same thing and no one seemed to fussed with that.

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
anonymunchy said:

I feel the same but knowing Nintendo they wouldn't invest more when there are 20m buying them even with mediocre graphics

they are lazy, even Pokemon Colosseum has amazing in-battle animations compared to Sword/Shield

Or they replace the person in charge of making these decisions. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
anonymunchy said:

Graphics have never been the key selling point for pokemon, and never will be.

Pretty sure this seals a new sales peak in 2021. People can complain all they want, this will sell like crazy and push hardware to new hieghts. Especially with Monster Hunter landing in the same year.

I am particularly interested and excited for Legends, but I never played Diamond and Pearl so I will likely grab one of those as well.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Jranation said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Imo Legends was not ready to be showned yet, everything looks too raw and unpolished 

I understood why they still choose to release the footage, Sinnoh remakes looks so bad that fandom was going to be turned of. Better hype the audience with something unfinished and distant 

At least they showed footage compared to Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4. 

Metroid 4 does not exist, it's just a mass hysteria