6 4 7.55%

7 11 20.75%

8 14 26.42%

9 8 15.09%

10 9 16.98%

Total:53
SKMBlake said:
Otter said:

Also adding Legends next to Splatoon 3 as 1st party titles that are begging for a Switch upgrade.

Breath Of The Wild is running on the same console, so clearly not. It's just bad development

This doesn't counter my point at all lol. These titles are begging for more powerful hardware even if its to do with the developers lack of experience/efficiancy. (And even BOTW chugged whenever you entered dense forests)

The great thing about powerful hardware is that it demands less of developers to create the same quality experience. Not everyone is going to deliver top tier efficiancy.

Last edited by Otter - on 26 February 2021

Around the Network

About the DP remakes, I wonder if they decided to go with this artstyle because they were planning something on mobile. Even Let's Go games had a much more developed artstyle than this.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

10/10 they rarely showed any mobile games especially the Unite game. I thought they would continue the Sword and shield formula since it sold very well but the fact they are trying something new and different makes me feel a bit better towards Gamefreak.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Don't know what I even watched it. I've never played a single Pokemon game.

IcaroRibeiro said:

Imo Legends was not ready to be showned yet, everything looks too raw and unpolished 

I understood why they still choose to release the footage, Sinnoh remakes looks so bad that fandom was going to be turned of. Better hype the audience with something unfinished and distant 

At least they showed footage compared to Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Pokémon is so amazing

OTBWY said:

I am excited for everything they have shown. The chibi artstyle I don't mind at all. It's basically the DS games in actual 3D, which is what I expected and wanted.

As for the Breath of the Wild Pokemon clone, I am really interested in it, but it needs a good amount of polishing. I could count the frames. But anyway, this excited me a thousand more times than the Sony Direct yesterday. Even the Nintendo Direct tbh.

Judging by no hype presence after the Sony direct. Seems like it was really bad. Nintendo direct had at least Splatoon 3 announcement + footage. And now we have a remake and a new pokemon game. 2022 is looking really sweet. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I was wondering if Gamefreak would use the D/P remakes to insert missing D/P Poke'mon into the Sword/Shield roster. Now I have my answer. D/P won't be compatible with Sword/Shield trading and battling. I was also worried that they would severely cut the original D/P roster down like they did with Sword/Shield. It looks to be a faithful remake that includes every monster. I can buy D/P for my 3DS, so these remakes are a hard pass for me. The artstyle in the original games is superior to the chibi stuff anyway.

Darwinianevolution said:

Breath of the Arceus looks interesting, but if GF struggled with SWSh's performance already, this is going to be nightmarish for them.

Yeah, if it were any other developer I'd be totally hyped for Arceus. But GF just can't do 3D very well. If Namco/Bandai were helping out with this one I'm sure it would be a competent 3D game.

Poke'mon needs to go back to 2D. Gamefreak was way better as a 2D developer than they are as a 3D developer.

Cerebralbore101 said:

I was wondering if Gamefreak would use the D/P remakes to insert missing D/P Poke'mon into the Sword/Shield roster. Now I have my answer. D/P won't be compatible with Sword/Shield trading and battling. I was also worried that they would severely cut the original D/P roster down like they did with Sword/Shield. It looks to be a faithful remake that includes every monster. I can buy D/P for my 3DS, so these remakes are a hard pass for me. The artstyle in the original games is superior to the chibi stuff anyway.

Darwinianevolution said:

Breath of the Arceus looks interesting, but if GF struggled with SWSh's performance already, this is going to be nightmarish for them.

Yeah, if it were any other developer I'd be totally hyped for Arceus. But GF just can't do 3D very well. If Namco/Bandai were helping out with this one I'm sure it would be a competent 3D game.

Poke'mon needs to go back to 2D. Gamefreak was way better as a 2D developer than they are as a 3D developer.

They're learning. 

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks Pokémon Legends: Arceus looks worse than one of those thousands of abandoned Dreams projects on PS4?