By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you a minority?

Are you a minority?

Yes 38 52.78%

No 27 37.50%

IDK? 7 9.72%

Total:72

I'm a member of the largest and smallest minority: I'm an individual and there's only one of me.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Not really 

Mixed race with white passing (still read as mixed I guess)

Straight 

No perceived physical or mental disability 

Maybe from religious side, since I'm starting to leaning towards agnosticism, still oficially Christian though

If there's nothing wrong with you, you're definitely part of a minority!

Wise words

I'm part of the oppressed clan of Skyward Sword fans

Last edited by Link_Nines.XBC - on 22 February 2021

the concept of minority is dumb anyways, you move to the U.S., you come from Bulgaria, voila, you look kind of light skinned, you're now part of the oppressive majority, sure, whatever... the original idea just comes from being native or a foreigner, and then they tried to add non-scientific concepts like race to it, and it makes no sense

you have nationalities, not races, and you have nationalities that originate from where you are, or from somewhere else

i have a Japanese roommate, some rando will say something nasty once in a while, but she knows everyone loves her around here, except the crazy people

What sort of question is this?? 

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

Around the Network

not sure why atheists are presented as minority, it is the new trendy cult, especially in West Europe

I prefer Digimon over Pokemon

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

As a owner of a PS5 and an xbox series x i am clearly a minority

dark_gh0st_b0y said:

not sure why atheists are presented as minority, it is the new trendy cult, especially in West Europe

I prefer Digimon over Pokemon

In predominantly Muslim countries, not only are atheists a minority, their numbers are so small to be almost negligible. And from what I have seen regarding  the US, atheists are considered less trustworthy than the gays and ethnic minorities ie not at all trustworthy. Atheism is completely normal and widespread in Western Europe, though, for sure, but that trend isn’t global. Most of the world is pretty much still dominated by religion/faith based living. 

Yes, I guess. I'm stateless. We are a minority of 120K~ people with a complicated legal state. No official nationality has been issued for me or my forefathers despite being here for 3 generations or so.

Last edited by Astral - on 22 February 2021

I answered no as a white male in the USA.

Identity from a nationality stand point am 3rd generation American on both side of my parents.

Heritage Eastern Europe is where my great grand parents immigrated from but a genetic test have me as 100% European Jew.

From a religion stand point I am an Atheist but I grew up going to Hebrew school and synagogue until I was 14 at which point my parents left the choice up to me and I chose not to go. My parents are of the Reform Judaism denomination so me being Atheist was never a major issue for them as the ethical aspects of the teachings are far more important then ceremonial ones in the Reform tradition. They believe it was important for me to be educated in Judaism and know the teachings but once I hit 14 they left the choice to me (and believe me the rabbi was quite unhappy I broke there streak of 100% attendance for the 2 year post bar mitzvah program but my parents kept the agreement we made that I would go for one year after bar mitzvah then it would be my choice).

Judaism when it come to identify I would describe it an awareness that while from a religious stand point I do not identify as Jewish but to a anti-Semitic that would not matter as for example Hitler would have you killed if you was a practicing Christian but your grand parents was Jewish therefore it would be naïve for me to not understand that reality and history and because of that how I fit into the Jewish community.

Last edited by Cyran - on 22 February 2021